The Wolfpack has the privilege of playing in one of the premier college basketball facilities in the country. PNC Arena provides players and fans with every possible amenity and luxury, including spacious concourses, comfortable seats, a state-of-the-art HD scoreboard, a beautiful red and white decor, plush locker rooms and functional meeting rooms.
With 19,700 red seats, the Wolfpack's den is among the largest college basketball facilities in the nation, yet it still maintains the intimate feel of historic Reynolds Coliseum. More than 3,000 courtside seats have been designed in a pit-type area for NC State's most vocal fans: its students. Since PNC Arena opened in 1999-2000, NC State has finished every year in the top-25 nationally in attendance.
The $158 million PNC Arena encompasses approximately 700,000 square feet and four different seating levels. Equipped with three concourses, 61 luxury suites, 2,000 club seats, 10,000 lower bowl seats, and 7,000 upper bowl seats, the arena affords the ultimate entertainment experience. In addition, a 9,100 square foot restaurant is featured on the Club level with direct elevator access from the main lobby and excellent sight lines into the arena. Full catering service from an onsite kitchen allows service for up to 400 people.
NC State's players also enjoy a state-of-the-art locker room, shower room, team meeting room, movie theater and training room.
A Closer Look At PNC Arena
- 19,700 red seats
- Cost: $158 million
- 770,000 square feet
- State of the art locker room, shower room, player lounge, team movie theater and training room
- Over 3,000 courtside seats for NC State's most vocal fans âÂÂÂÂÂ€" its students
- 500-seat restaurant
- 7,500 square foot hospitality room
- 61 luxury suites, including 3 Club level "Party Suites."
- 3 concourses (2 public, plus one private club level concourse) served by escalator and elevators. Concessions and restrooms on all concourses.
- 1,877 square foot press lounge/interview room at arena level
- $4.3 million HD video scoreboardsystem and auxiliary boards
- TV monitors in concourses, concession stands and private suites
- State-of-the art sound system
by the numbers...
770,000 Overall square feet in arena
34,000 Weight (in pounds) of scoreboard
31,000 Feet of pipes for ice-making
21,000 Seats for concerts
20,500 Seats for arena performances
19,700 Red Seats for basketball
18,176 Seats for hockey
9,100 Square feet in Arena Club
8,000 Parking spaces
7,500 Square Feet in Hospitality Room
3,200 Student Seats Available in lower level
1,877 Square feet in media lounge
1,408 Square feet in media work room
635 Arena's overall length (in feet)
580 Television monitors
540 Acoustical banners
500 Seats in Restaurant
495 Arena's overall width (in feet)
210 Speakers hanging from ceiling
197 Handicap seats for basketball
158 Cost (in millions) of construction
108.5 Arena's height (in feet)
61 Luxury suites
37 Restrooms (21 women/16 men)
24 Outside doors
18 Concession stands
4.3 Cost (in millions) of HD video scoreboard system and auxilliary boards
3 Concourses (two public, one private club level)
1 Video Ribbon board that circles the court