Earning ImPACK Points
Aug. 5, 2010
Point System for ImPACK Competition Areas to earn points in:
• SAAC Representation
• Community Service
• Athletes Supporting Athletes
• Athletic Performance
• Above and Beyond Point Breakdowns:
***All earned points are subject to the discretion of the Life Skills committee in order to maintain the fairness of the competition. GPA:
• Any athlete with a GPA between 2.50-2.99 earns two points for their team.
• Any athlete with a GPA between 3.00-3.49 earns three points for their team.
• Any athlete with a GPA between 3.50-4.00 earns five points for their team. • 100 points wil be given to the team with the highest gpa for the fall semester
* The GPA's are based on the fall semester. *An athlete can only be counted in one category. *Any GPA below 2.50 does not earn any points for the team.
• Credits the team when the SAAC Representatives are active, as it is the team that benefits when its representative is active.
• If one rep. attends a SAAC function, they earn five points for their team.
• If the second rep. (some teams have two, while some only have one) attends a SAAC function, they earn two additional points for their team.
*Since not all teams have two reps., we wanted to give credit to those teams who have both reps. show while not making it unfair for those teams who are only assigned one rep.
• Only outreach opportunities that are available to the entire athletic community will count (i.e. from ImPACK or SAAC).
• Can be done as a team, with other student-athletes from other teams, or individually.
• Teams with 15 or less athletes will receive five points per individual who takes part in an event. Any effort in which 75% of the team takes part, will receive 100 points. (The numbers are rounded to the next whole number.)
• Teams with 16 or more athletes will receive five points per individual who takes part in an event. Any effort in which at least 15 athletes take part, will receive 100 points.
• For athletes who do community service throughout a semester, they will earn five points for every 5 hours they worked. Also, for athletes who do an extended amount of community service (more than five hours) at one time, they will receive five points for every five hours of service they do.
• If an athlete is getting paid for working in any way, it will not be counted.
*Team Participation Breakdown:
15 or less athletes... # of Athletes ...75% of Team... # of Athletes Req'd to Participate in order to get Team Participation Points
Men's Basketball 12 9.0 9
Women's Basketball 14 10.5 11
Men's Golf 11 8.3 9
Women's Golf 11 8.3 9
Rifle 11 8.3 9
Men's Tennis 15 11.3 12
Women's Tennis 12 9.0 9
16 or more athletes
Baseball ------ ------ 15
Cheerleading ------ ------ 15
Men's CC/Track ------ ------ 15
Women's CC/Track ------ ------ 15
Football ------ ------ 15
Gymnastics ------ ------ 15
Men's Soccer ------ ------ 15
Women's Soccer ------ ------ 15
Men's Swim&Dive ------ ------ 15
Women's Swim&Dive ------ ------ 15
Volleyball ------ ------ 15
Wrestling ------ ------ 15
Athletes Supporting Athletes:
• Awards those who show support for their fellow student-athletes.
• Teams with 15 or less athletes will receive one point per individual who takes part in an event. Any effort in which 75% of the team takes part, will receive 25 points. (The numbers are rounded to the next whole number.)
• Teams with 16 or more athletes will receive one point per individual who takes part in an event. Any effort in which at least 15 athletes take part, will receive 25 points.
• Only NC State athletic events will count.
Excellent Athletic Performances:
• ACC Rookie of the Week earns 10 points for their team.
• ACC Player of the Week earns 20 points for their team.
• Regionals...10 points per person or 50 points if team sport.
• Any All-ACC or EAGL performer earns 25 points for their team (includes All-ACC teams [1st, 2nd, 3rd, defensive, rookie]).
• For individual based teams that can earn multiple team honors...10 points per person, they can only earn points for one of their achievements (i.e. gymnastics: 1st team bars, 2nd team beam would only earn 10 points for their team).
• Any All-American performer earns 100 points for their team (1st, 2nd, 3rd, HM).
• If a team is the ACC Champion or EAGL champion either for the regular season or for the tournament, then they earn 50 points.
• If a team makes it to the NCAA tournament they receive 100 points. They can gain additional points depending on the final ranking they obtain.
Top 20 10 additional points
Top 10 25 additional points
Top 5 50 additional points
#1 100 additional points
• For individual based teams, the team will receive 100 points if a member of their team makes it to NCAA's, and he/she will be the only one to gain points for their team.
• For individual based teams, the ranking will be based on the highest finishing athlete, and he/she will be the only one to gain points for their team.
• Achievements must be submitted in order for the team to receive points. The team cannot assume that everyone knows about the achievement.
*For football, they get 100 points for making it to a bowl game, then 25 additional if they win it, 50 additional if they make it to a BCS game, and finally 100 additional if they win the national championship.
Above and Beyond:
• This category is for any activity that is not included in another category, but deserves points.
• Potential categories:
1. Olympic, pro advancement...100 points
2. Any other championships (not including ACC's or NCAA's or equivalent, you must win the tournament to get points)...25 points
3. All-tourney teams in a non ACC or NCAA event...10 points
4. Academic awards (Academic All-American...50 points, Academic All-ACC...25 points), other's point values will be determined by the committee.
5. Scholarships or Honor Societies...10 points each.
6. US Team Participation...50 points
7. Assigned community service for a team (GWIS, signing autographs, etc.)...? Points (point values will be determined by the committee)
8.Autograph sessions will be counted up to 2 per school year
*All Above and Beyond submissions will be voted on by the Life Skills committee to determine the points they are worthy of...not all activities may be worthy of points.
Point forms can be located at www.gopack.com/saac. Click on the link for ImPACK Competition to find the PDF files that you can fill out. To get credit for the points, return the forms to Weisiger Brown Room 2157 at the end of each month.