NC State Athletics
To Prepare, To Compete, To Inspire, To Achieve …
The mission of the NC State University Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic, and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University.
SEVEN STRATEGIC GOALS
1. ACHIEVE national recognition for competitive excellence, as measured by ACC finishes and the national Director’s Cup competition.
2. GRADUATE student-athletes at rates that compare favorably to our ACC public peer institutions and achieve same for the NCAA Academic Progress Rates.
3. CULTIVATE an environment where NCAA rules compliance, the pursuit of excellence, gender equity, respect for diversity and recognition of achievement are fundamental values held by staff, coaches and student-athletes.
4. ALLOCATE the financial resources required to achieve the Department’s vision of excellence, while operating successfully as a self-supporting auxiliary unit of the University.
5. RECRUIT and retain the caliber of student-athletes, coaches, and staff who are committed to the achievement of the Department’s vision of competitive and academic excellence.
6. GENERATE the funds required to pay the annual scholarship bill, facility debt and operating costs.
7. CREATE an innovative branding program that will promote the Department’s vision and tell the NC State story.