Reynolds Coliseum Renovation
and Walk of Fame & History Project
March of 2015 through August 2016.
$35M total project budget.
Partnership between NC State University and NC State Athletics, with $20M privately funded by donors to the Wolfpack Club on behalf of NC State Athletics and $15M funded by the University.
- Modernize Reynolds Coliseum, built in 1949 and one of nine "hallowed spaces" on NC State's campus.
- Create an on-campus gathering place for large-scale campus and student events, such as convocation, graduation, keynote addresses, concerts and shows, befitting one of the nation's leading public research universities. Festival seating capacity will be approximately 6,000.
- Create the new Walk of Fame & History to prominently and appropriately recognize the rich history and tradition of the Wolfpack. Members of the NC State Athletics Hall of Fame (est. 2012) will be permanently enshrined, all current and heritage varsity sports will be recognized, and the greatest student-athletes, coaches and special contributors to ever wear the Red & White will be proudly featured.
- The reconfigured seating bowl for approximately 5,500 fans will create great sightlines and a tremendous home court advantage for Wolfpack Women's Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling and Gymnastics.
- Air-conditioning will be added to Reynolds Coliseum and the new Walk of Fame & History.
- A new, center-hung video board and secondary LED displays will enhance the in-game experience for fans.
- As the project pursues LEED Silver certification, a new roof will be installed, all windows will be replaced (including historically accurate details), and new glass doors will flood light into the arena.
- New and enhanced fan amenities will be added throughout the arena, including expanded and new points of sale for concessions and merchandising, new and renovated restrooms, and expanded hospitality areas.
- The East and West event level concourses will be expanded from just 4-feet at present to more than 35-feet for circulation and amenities.
- Extensive new branding and graphics will flow throughout the new Walk of Fame, arena concourses and seating bowl.
- New offices for Wolfpack Women's Basketball and Volleyball on the second floor will overlook the new "grand hall" and Walk of Fame & History.
- A new video control room will serve as the hub for television, video board and online production needs across all 23 varsity sports.
- 8,560 seat capacity solely for women's basketball. From the ACC Championship banners hanging in the rafters, to the Wolfpack logo on the court, Reynolds Coliseum is truly the home of the Wolfpack Women.
- Seven banners hang in the rafters to honor former greats from NC State.
- Banners honoring former Hall of Fame head coach Kay Yow also hang prominently in the building.
- On Feb. 16, 2007, the Reynolds basketball court was christened "Kay Yow Court."
- A new scoreboard was installed prior to the 2010-11 season.
- In the summer of 2013, the NC State women's basketball program underwent a comprehensive renovation of its locker room facility within Reynolds Coliseum. The existing room was significantly enhanced in size, gutted, and completely refitted with brand new lockers, carpet, kitchen facilities, and lounge/game room equipment.
- At the same time, a former VIP room within the Coliseum was turned into a state of the art film room for team meetings and strategy sessions. The room features two rows of comfortable seating, conference tables, a large white board for play diagramming, and a projection screen and equipment to watch footage.
- The arena is set to undergo a $35 million renovation over the course of the next few years.