Giving back to the community is a major point of emphasis for Wolfpack athletics. NC State student-athletes worked with the Student-Athlete Development office to make a positive impact on the local community and champion community service and involvement, participating in numerous events.
- NC State teams helped raise nearly $100,000 for local, national, and international charities during the 2012-13 school year.
- 53 Student-athletes participated in Wolfpack Blitz week and spoke about character education traits, such as responsibility and integrity, to nearly 4,000 children at 19 elementary schools.
- SAAC coordinated the Athletes with Talent Show in February and raised $900 for the Weekend Power Pack program, to help feed kids who are hungry on the weekends. Student athletes from 16 teams participated in the fundraiser.
- Student-athletes mentored Combs Elementary school children in the new Camp PACK leadership program each week during the fall and spring.
- NC State teams provided Thanksgiving meals to 11 Wake County families.
- NC State teams and individual student athletes volunteered at nearly 30 different non-profit organizations throughout the 2012-13 year.
Visit the official Community Service website.