35th Season at NCSU
- Five-time EAGL Coach of the Year (1998, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012)
- Five-time NCAA Regional Coach of the Year (1993, 1994, 2000, 2008, 2012)
- Six-time Conference Champion (EAGL:1999, 2000, 2007, 2009, 2013; ACC - 1984)
- As the only coach in the program's history, Stevenson has guided the gymnastics team to the postseason 26 times in the programs history and owns 519 career victories as head coach.
- Throughout his career, Stevenson has coached 67 first-team All-EAGL selections, four EAGL Rookie of the Year award winners, three EAGL Scholar-Athletes of the Year and two EAGL Gymnast of the Year. In addition, he has also coached Taylor Seaman and Brittni Watkins to All-American honors.
- Stevenson's squad has also been successful in the classroom, 10 student-athletes have been named named Academic All-American and two have been awarded ACC Postgraduate Scholarships.
- Prior to NC State, Stevenson served as an assistant coach at the University of Massachusetts for one season. The Minutemen compiled an 11-3 record and produced one All-American during his tenure.
Stevenson graduated from Iowa in 1978 with a B.S. degree in recreational education. He earned his master's degree in recreational resources administration from NC State.
At Iowa, he served as a team captain during his senior season. At the Big Ten Conference Championships in 1978, he placed second on vault and qualified for the NCAA Championships, where he scored a 9.45.