2010 NC State Cheerleading Spring Tryouts
- April 30th (6-9pm)
- May 1st (9am-12pm and 2-6pm)
- May 2nd (9am-12pm and 2-6pm)
- Carmichael Gym in the gymnastics area
- Girls - gym shorts, athletic top, cheer shoes
- Guys - gym shorts, t-shirt, cheer/athletic shoes
General Requirements for Spring Tryouts:
- Standing tuck preferred
- Combination Jump or Jump to tuck preferred
- 1 Cheer/band chant taught at tryouts
- Brief Interview
- 1 Letter of recommendation
- Complete the Stunt and/or Tumbling Position Requirements
Stunting Positions (Coed and Group Stunt Positions Available):
Females Positions: Main Base, Side Base, Back Spot and Top Girls
- Base position requirements based on talent level at tryouts and need for positions
- Top girls must present flexibility and minimum of 360 dismount
Males Positions: Coed, Main Base, Side Base and Back Spot
Tumbling Positions (Spotters will not be provided):
- Requiements based on talent level at tryouts and need for positions
- 2 Running passes with 2 or more elite elements (1 pass must end in a full)
- 1 standing pass thru to full
Eligibility to Tryout
- Must have been accepted to NC State as a full time student pursuing a 4 year bachelor's degree or must have applied and submitted your transcripts and test scores for admissions into a 4 year bachelor's degree program
- If you are a graduating high school senior and have not been accepted you must bring a copy of your high school transcript and SAT or ACT test scores with you on the 1st day of tryouts.
- If you are a college transfer and have not been accepted you must bring a copy of your high school and college transcript(s) and SAT or ACT test scores with you on the 1st day of tryouts.
- Bring an athletic physical signed by a doctor (must be less than 1 year old)
- Bring signed copy of Acceptance of Liability Waiver signed by a parent if you are less than 18 years old.
Please go to gopack.com/cheerleading and complete the "Recruiting Info" tab.