Rifle Places 7th at GARC Championships
Oxford, Miss. - The NC State rifle team completed the Great America Rifle Conference Championships on Sunday, Feb. 21, finishing in seventh place. The Wolfpack shot a 2,297 in air-rifle and 2,248 in smallbore to get a total aggregate score of 4,545 points. West Virginia finished in first with 4,653 points.
Freshman Bryan Cross led the Pack with a total score of 1,147. His 570 smallbore score also led the team. William Teller followed Cross with a total score of 1,134 points. Kat Siegert shot a 1,133 total.
Rachel Jones and Samantha Bullard were right behind her with total scores of 1,131. Bullard's 582 in air-rifle led the team. Amy Roderer shot a total of 1,078 points.
The Pack travel to Anniston, Ala. on Feb. 27 to try to win their fourth straight SEARC Championship.
2. University of Kentucky: 4,645 (2,348 air-rifle/2,297 smallbore)
3. University of Nebraska: 4,612 (2,328 air-rifle/2,284 smallbore)
4. University of Mississippi: 4,609 (2,344 air-rifle/2,265 smallbore)
5. US Military Academy: 4,599 (2,320 air-rifle/2,279 smallbore)
6. University of Memphis: 4,552 (2,304 air-rifle/2,248 smallbore)
7. NC State: 4,545 (2,297 air-rifle/2,248 smallbore)
William Teller: 1,134 total/568 air-rifle/566 smallbore
Kat Siegert: 1,133 total/580 air-rifle/553 smallbore
*Samantha Bullard: 1,131 total/582 air-rifle/549 smallbore
Rachel Jones: 1,131 total/572 air-rifle/559 smallbore
*Amy Roderer: 1,078 total/551 air-rifle/527 smallbore
*Scores not included in team total