Rifle Places 7th at GARC Championships
OXFORD, Miss. - The NC State rifle team shot a new school aggregate score record of 4,537 at the Great America Rifle Conference championships in Oxford, Miss. on March 1. The Pack shot a 2,298 in air-rifle after junior Katie Siegert shot a new NC State record in the event with a score of 584. The team also shot a 2,239 in smallbore as the Pack placed seventh at the event.
The University of Kentucky took first place with a combined total of 4,650 (2,340 air-rifle/2,310 smallbore), and West Virginia took second with a total of 4,645. Freshman Rachel Jones shot a new personal record in smallbore with a score of 562, and Siegert's air-rifle score is also her personal record, as well as her total of 1,152.
The Pack will next compete in the SEARC championships on March 7, as NC State hopes to claim its third straight title in the conference.
1. University of Kentucky: 4,650 (2,340 air-rifle/2,310 smallbore)
2. West Virginia University: 4,645 (2,350 air-rifle/2,295 smallbore)
3. University of Nebraska: 4,620 (2,327 air-rifle/2,293 smallbore)
4. University of Mississippi: 4,576 (2,322 air-rifle/2,254 smallbore)
5. US Military Academy: 4,553 (2,297 air-rifle/2,256 smallbore)
6. University of Memphis: 4,539 (2,295 air-rifle/2,244 smallbore)
7. NC State: 4,537 (2,298 air-rifle/2,239 smallbore)
NC State Personal Scores:
Katie Siegert: 1,152 total/584 air-rifle/568 smallbore
Rachel Jones: 1,129 total/567 air-rifle/562 smallbore
Noel Keck: 1,134 total/575 air-rifle/559 smallbore
Samantha Bullard: 1,122 total/572 air-rifle/550 smallbore
*Mark Nations: 1,077 total/553 air-rifle/524 smallbore
*Scores not included in team total