Feb. 14, 2013
Kent Taylor Invite Schedule
RALEIGH, N.C. - The NC State track & field team will compete in the Kent Taylor Invitational in Chapel Hill, N.C., on Saturday, Feb. 16, in its final tune-up before next weekend's ACC Indoor Championships.
Last weekend, the Wolfpack sent competitors to the Husky Classic in Seattle, Wash., the Tyson Invitational in Fayetteville, Ark., and the Virginia Tech Elite Meet. Redshirt senior Ryan Hill recorded a repeat victory in the men's 3,000-meter invitational at the Husky Classic, crossing the finish line in 7:49.20, and freshman Brian Davis picked up his first victory in a collegiate event brining home top honors the 400-meter dash at Virginia Tech with a 48.62 clocking.
- Ryan Hill ranks first in the ACC in the 3K and 5K with times of 7:49.20 and 13:43.52, respectively. Hill's 3K time is the second-best in the NCAA and his 5K time is the 12th-best in the nation.
- Senior Kris Kornegay-Gober owns the third-best ACC mark in the men's high jump at 7' 4.25".
- Freshman Jonathan Addison stands third in the conference in the men's long jump with a season-best mark of 24' 0.75".
- Redshirt senior Grant Pearce is fifth in the ACC in the men's weight throw at 60' 3.25".
- Redshirt freshman Nicole Chavis stands second in the conference in the women's weight throw at 62' 10.75".
- Junior Kenyetta Iyevbele owns the third-best time in the ACC in the women's 800-meter run at 2:07.55.
- Senior Karimah Shepherd is ranked second in the women's long jump (20' 1.25"), third in the triple jump (42' 4.25") and ninth in the 60-meter dash (7.72) in the conference. Her top long jump measurement ranks 20th in the NCAA and her triple jump ranks 14th in the country.
- Junior Elizabeth Shuman holds the second-best measurement in the ACC in the women's high jump at 5' 10.75". The mark is also ranks 19th overall in the NCAA.
- Redhirt sophomore Tremanisha Taylor has the second-best throw in the ACC in the women's shot put at 51' 7.00".
- Sophomore Joanna Thompson owns the fifth-best ACC time in the women's 5K at 16:54.20.