April 4, 2013
Florida Relays Schedule | Duke Invitational Schedule
Florida Relays: Live Stream
Florida Relays: Live Results | Duke Invitational: Live Results
RALEIGH, N.C. - With two weeks remaining before the 2013 ACC Outdoor Championships, the NC State track & field team will travel to Durham, N.C., for the Duke Invitational and Gainesville, Fla., for the Florida Relays this Friday and Saturday, April 5-6.
The Duke Invitational will be held at Wallace Wade Stadium, while the Florida Relays will take place at James G. Pressly Stadium at Percy Beard Track.
The Wolfpack is coming off hosting its annual Raleigh Relays, where the squad combined for six total victories and a pair of 1-2 finishes. Senior Danielle Adams and sophomore Caitlynn Filla recorded 5’ 7.00” and 5’ 5.00” marks, respectively, in section two of the women’s high jump to claim the top two spots, while senior Erin Mercer (10:28.42) and redshirt junior Samantha Norman (10:30.70) were the first runners to cross the finish line in the women’s 3,000-meter steeplechase.
NC State Notes:
- Kris Kornegay-Gober ranks fourth in the ACC in the men's high jump at 7" 2.25" (2.15m).
- Karimah Shepherd stands second in the ACC and 19th nationally in the women's long jump at 20" 7.25" (6.28m).
- Nathaniel Williams is ranked second in the conference in the men’s discus after his 180’ 2.00” (54.93m) throw at the 49er Classic on March 14.
- NC State’s men’s 4x400m relay team comprised of Daniel Fretz, Austin Jackson, Kevin Permenter and Brian Davis ranks second in the league after posting a time of 3:12.8 in the event at the Raleigh Relays last weekend.
- Andie Cozzarelli currently owns the ACC’s second-fastest time in the women’s 10,000 meters after racing to a 33:47.5 mark at the Stanford Invitational last weekend.
- Matt Sonnenfeldt broke the 14-minute barrier in the 5,000-meter race for the first time in his career at last weekend’s Raleigh Relays with a time of 13:59.1. The time currently sits as the second-fastest time in the ACC this season.
- Erin Mercer and Samantha Norman are second and third in the conference in the women’s 3,000-meter steeplechase after their 1-2 finish at the Raleigh Relays.
- Freshman Alexis Perry is fourth in the ACC in the women’s 110-meter hurdles with a time of 13.82.