April 11, 2013
Aggie Invitational Schedule
Joe Hilton Invitational Live Results
RALEIGH, N.C. – The NC State track & field team will send athletes to North Carolina A&T for the Aggie Invitational and the University of North Carolina for the Joe Hilton Invitational this weekend.
The Aggie Invitational will take place in Greensboro, N.C., at the Irwin Belk Track, Friday and Saturday April 12-13, while the Joe Hilton Invitational will be held Saturday April 12 at Fetzer Field.
The Wolfpack will send its athletes into competition this weekend with hopes of improving on their marks and times as they jostle for position and seeding before next weekend’s ACC Championships, which will be hosted by NC State, April 17-20.
NC State Notes:
- The Pack owns three of the top nine marks in the men’s discus, as Nathaniel Williams tops the ACC at 56.63m, followed by Jule Rich in fourth at 52.64m and Grant Pearce in ninth at 50.48m.
- Matt Sonnenfeldt (13:59.1) and Graham Crawford (14:06.1) own the third and fourth-fastest times in the ACC in the men’s 5,000m this season.
- Brian Himelright (8:56.3) holds the third-fastest mark in the conference in the men’s 3,000m steeplechase.
- Junior Lacey Shuman is tied for second in the ACC in the women’s high jump at 1.80 meters, while senior Kris Kornegay-Gober is tied for the third-best mark in the league in the men’s high jump with a 2.16-meter leap.
- Redshirt senior Andie Cozzarelli owns the second-fastest mark in the conference in the women’s 10,000-meter run with a 33:47.5 mark, while sophomore Joanna Thompson ranks third at 33:52.6. Both runners recorded those times at the Stanford Invitational, Mar. 29.
- Redshirt sophomore Tremanisha Taylor ranks second in the ACC in the women’s discus at 51.56 meters, while redshirt freshman SeQuoia Watkins is third at 50.88 meters. Both throwers recorded their marks at the Duke Invitational, April 7.
- Senior Karimah Shepherd owns the conference’s second-best long jump on the season with a 6.28-meter measurement.