May 4, 2013
Live Results | Schedule | Twitter
RALEIGH, N.C. – The NC State track & field team will make the short trip to Durham, N.C., for the annual Duke Twilight meet this Sunday, May 5 at Wallace Wade Stadium.
Competition will kick off with the javelin throw at noon on Duke’s East Campus. All other events will be held on Duke’s West Campus. Running events will begin at 5 p.m.
At last year’s meet, Nathaniel Williams won the men's discus, while Grant Pearce took second place. Halsey Merritt won the mixed 10,000-meter run in a time of 36:08.71, and finished more than one minute ahead of the next finisher.
NC State Notes:
- Redshirt junior Andrew Colley recorded the ACC’s top time in the 5,000-meter run this season after his 13:45.7 clocking last weekend at Stanford’s Payton Jordan Invitational.
- Freshman Graham Crawford posted the ACC’s top 1,500-meter time this season at 3:43.3 at the Payton Jordan Invitational.
- Senior Brian Himelright owns the conference’s second-best 3,000-meter steeplechase mark this season after his 8:39.0 time at Stanford last weekend.
- Redshirt junior Nathaniel Williams holds the ACC’s top discus mark at 56.63 meters, while redshirt sophomore Jule Rich ranks sixth in the event at 52.64 meters.
- Redshirt senior Andie Cozzarelli owns the second-fastest women’s 10,000-meter (33:47.5) and the fourth-fastest 5,000-meter (16:03.8) times in the ACC this season. Sophomore Joanna Thompson ranks third in the 10K race with a top time of 33:52.6.
- Freshman Alexis Perry is listed fourth in the league with a 13.60 mark in the women’s 100-meter hurdles.
- Senior Erin Mercer is third in the ACC in the women’s steeplechase (10:15.1) while redshirt junior Samantha Norman is fifth (10:22.5).
- Redshirt sophomore Tremanisha Taylor ranks second in the women’s shot put at 53’ 11.75” (16.45m) – a mark she achieved with her victory at the Penn Relays on April 25. Taylor is also third in the women’s discus at 169’ 2.00” (51.56m).
- Redshirt freshman SeQuoia Watkins is second in the conference in the women’s discus at 172’ 9.00” (52.65m).
- Senior Danielle Adams and junior Elizabeth Shuman are tied for third in the ACC with 5’ 10.75” (1.80m) measurements in the women’s high jump.
- Senior and ACC Champion Karimah Shepherd is tied for the top mark in the women’s long jump at 21’ 1.25” (6.43m).