May 9, 2013
Live Results: Wolfpack Last Chance
RALEIGH, N.C. – The NC State track & field team will host the Wolfpack Last Chance Qualifier this Friday, May 10 at the Paul Derr Track. The meet will begin with the javelin competition at 3 p.m.
The squad will also send athletes to the Aggie Last Chance Qualifier in Greensboro, N.C., on Sunday, May 12.
Numerous Wolfpack athletes have their sights set on achieving qualifying marks for the NCAA East Regional, which will be held May 23-25 in Greensboro, N.C.
NC State Notes:
- Redshirt junior Andrew Colley recorded the ACC’s top time in the 5,000-meter run this season after his 13:45.7 clocking last weekend at Stanford’s Payton Jordan Invitational.
- Redshirt senior Ryan Hill and freshman Graham Crawford own the ACC’s top two times in the men’s 1,500-meter race this season. Hill notched a 3:42.24 at last weekend’s Duke Twilight meet, while Crawford posted a 3:43.30 at the Payton Jordan Invitational on April 28.
- Senior Brian Himelright owns the conference’s second-best 3,000-meter steeplechase mark this season after his 8:39.0 time at the Payton Jordan Invitational.
- Redshirt junior Nathaniel Williams holds the ACC’s second-best discus mark at 56.63 meters, while redshirt sophomore Jule Rich ranks sixth in the event at 52.64 meters.
- Redshirt senior Andie Cozzarelli owns the second-fastest women’s 10,000-meter (33:47.5) and the fourth-fastest 5,000-meter (16:03.8) times in the ACC this season. Sophomore Joanna Thompson ranks third in the 10K race with a top time of 33:52.6.
- Freshman Alexis Perry is listed fourth in the league with a 13.60 mark in the women’s 100-meter hurdles. Senior Erin Mercer is third in the ACC in the women’s steeplechase (10:15.1) while redshirt junior Samantha Norman is fifth (10:22.5).