Addison, Colley, Watkins Set for NCAA Outdoor Championships
June 10, 2014
RALEIGH, N.C. – Jonathan Addison, Andrew Colley and SeQuoia Watkins will represent the NC State track and field team at the 2014 NCAA Outdoor Championships, June 11-14 at Hayward Field in Eugene, Ore.
Addison (long jump), Colley (5,000m) and Watkins (discus) each qualified for the championship by virtue of finishing among the top-12 in their respective event at the NCAA East Regional.
Colley, a 2013 All-American in the 5,000m, is making his third appearance in the NCAA Outdoor Championships, while Watkins, a 2013 qualifier in the discus, is making her second consecutive trip to Eugene. Addison, a two-time All-ACC honoree this year, will be making his first appearance at the NCAA Outdoor Championships.
Leader of the Pack
• Andrew Colley will be making his third appearance at the NCAA Outdoor Championships, including back-to-back showings following last year’s All-American performance in the 5,000m.
• Colley qualified for the 5,000m by virtue of finishing in 10th place at the NCAA East Regional with a time of 14:14.34.
• The three-time All-ACC honoree and four-time USTFCCCA All-Academic award winner will be making his final appearance in a Wolfpack uniform.
• Colley is set to run at 9:10 p.m. EST on Friday, June 13 in the men’s 5,000m.
Prepare for Liftoff
• Jonathan Addison will be making his debut appearance at the NCAA Outdoor Championships after setting a personal best in the long jump (25'4.75") at the NCAA East Regional.
• Addison garnered All-ACC honors in both the indoor and outdoor long jumps this season, including a first-place finish in the event at the ACC Outdoor Championship.
• The 2014 Atlantic Coast Conference Indoor All-Academic performer has finished in first place in four of the six long jumps he has competed in this season. Addison also claims the fifth-longest jump in NC State program history.
• Addison is slated to compete at 7:30 p.m. EST on Thursday, June 12 in the men’s long jump.
Going the Discus
• After making her debut last year at the 2013 NCAA Outdoor Championships, SeQuoia Watkins returns to the event for a second consecutive year.
• Watkins broke her own NC State school-record in the discus at the NCAA East Regional to qualify for the championship event. Watkins’ throw of 180’4” broke her previous mark of 180’3” and punched her ticket to Eugene.
• Watkins, who comes into the NCAA Outdoor Championships ranked No. 15 in the nation in the discus, is a two-time All-ACC performer in just her sophomore year.
• Watkins will compete at 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, June 12 in the women’s discus.
ESPN3 will stream live action beginning Wednesday at 6:55 p.m. EST and will continue on Thursday, also at 6:55 p.m. EST. On Friday and Saturday, the action will be televised by ESPNU at 7:30 p.m. EST (Friday) and 5 p.m. EST (Saturday). Live results of each day of competition can be found here.