Senay and Turner power Wolfpack over Bearcats
Sophomore Carlos Rodon (6-2) strikes out nine as Elliott Avent's squad records its 19th win in its last 20 contests.
Ethan Ogburn gives up one hit in 8.0 innings
NC State opened its series at Georgia Tech with a 13-4 victory for its 12th win in a row, and eighth consecutive in ACC play
No. 15 NC State won its first series in Atlanta since 2001 with a 6-2 win on Saturday behind the third complete game of Carlos Rodon's career
NC State defeats Vanderbilt to advance to the NCAA Super Regional.
CAREER HIGHS ENTERING 2014
3 runs vs. NC A&T, 3/5/14
4 hits (2x)
4 RBIs (3x)
2 doubles (2x)
2 HR vs. NC A&T, 2/19/14
3 BB vs. Wake Forest, 5/12/14
2 SBs vs. Coastal Carolina, 5/3/14
As a junior (2014)
- Started all 54 games at second, hitting .274 with 57 hits, 31 runs, 30 RBIs, six doubles, and five homers, drawing 24 walks
- Batted .455 (5-for-11) over a weekend against Boston College, adding three runs, a double, an RBI, three walks, and a stolen base
- Enjoyed his first multi-homer outing with a pair of singers against NC A&T on Feburary 19
- Went 4-for-5 with a run and an RBI in the series finale against Wake Forest
As a sophomore (2013)
- Went 23-for-69 (.333 BA, 12 R, 8 RBI, 7 BB, 4 SB) in his last 19 games, second highest average on the team during that stretch. Had a hit in 16 of last 19. Batted .500 during the Raleigh Regional
- Hit a leadoff single in the bottom of the ninth against Davidson and scored the winning run tagging from third after stealing second and advancing to third on a wild pitch.
- Hit a three-RBI triple to spark the Pack's comeback win over Virginia Tech on April 6.
- Suffered a broken hand on opening day, returned in a limited capacity on March 9. Bunted during the entire Clemson series before returning to full strength on March 12.
As a freshman (2012)
- Started 39 of 53 games, hitting .261 with 11 doubles and 21 RBIs
- The Pack's toughest batter to strike out, following 18 Ks in 142 at-bats in 2012
- Hit .357 (5-for-14) with three doubles and four runs over five games in the Raleigh Regional
- First collegiate home run jumpstarted the Wolfpack's comeback effort on April 1 against Virginia, a fifth-inning solo shot to left
- Batted .506 with 11 doubles, eight home runs, 38 runs scored, 32 RBIs, a .954 slugging percentage and 14 steals in 14 attempts
- Set school single-season records for batting, slugging (.954), doubles and sacrifices (11)
- Set school career records for games (116), hits (136), doubles (33), home runs (13), walks (52), HBP (19) and runs scored (110)
- Named 2011 high school All-America by Collegiate Baseball magazine
- Named 2011 conference player of the year in the Southwest 4-A Conference
- Led Ardrey Kell to 24-5 record
- Helped lead Ardrey Kell to the North Carolina 4-A state championship in 2009 and 2010
- Batted .405 with six home runs and 32 RBIs as a junior in 2010
- Finished fourth in his conference with six home runs
- Named first-team all-conference in the Southwestern 4-A Conference
- Made second-team All-Observer Team by The Charlotte Observer
- Younger brother of East Carolina baseball player Jonathan Ratledge