The Pack Travels To No. 5 Duke
Feb. 15, 2012
NC STATE (18-7, 7-3 ACC) vs. 5/4 DUKE (21-4, 8-2 ACC)
CAMERON INDOOR STADIUM
TELEVISION: ACC NETWORK
Tim Brando, Play-by-Play, Mike Gminski, Color Analyst
RADIO: NC STATE RADIO NETWORK
Gary Hahn, Play-by-Play, Tony Haynes, Color Analyst
RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State makes the trip down I-40 to Durham to face fourth-ranked Duke on Thursday at 9 p.m. Thursday's game begins a stretch of six days in which the Wolfpack will face the ACC's top three teams. The contest can be heard on the NC State Radio Network with Gary Hahn and Tony Haynes on the call. The game can also be seen on The ACC Network wth Tim Brando and Mike Gminski.
The game will feature the ACC's top two three-point shooting teams with the Pack connecting on a .363 clip, while the Blue Devils have the top percentage at .392. The Wolfpack enters Thursday's contest fresh from an off week following its 61-52 win at Georgia Tech last week and riding a three-game winning streak.
• This is the 235th meeting between NC State and Duke.
• Thursday's game is the only regular season contest between the Wolfpack and Blue Devils.
• The Pack is 24-45 all-time at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• NC State fell to Duke, 98-72, at home and 76-52, in Durham last year. The Blue Devils were ranked No.4 and 5, respectively during those meetings.
• Mark Gottfried is 0-1 versus the Blue Devils, suffering a 71-68 first-round loss in the 1997 NCAA while at Murray State.
• The Pack is 4-1 in ACC road games this season.
• In league road play, NC State is averaging 65.2 points per game, while holding the opposition to 58.0 points per game.
• Starting with Thursday's game, NC State will face the three top teams in the ACC over a six-day span.
• NC State and Duke have the top two three-point shooting percentages in the ACC. The Pack is hitting from behind the arc at a .363 clip, while the Blue Devils have the top percentage at .392
• Jim Valvano is the only NC State coach to win in his first game in Durham, guiding the Pack to a 52-51 victory over the Blue Devils 1981.
• Scott Wood hit an ACC and school record of 66 straight free throws dating back to last year. Wood now owns the fourth-longest streak in NCAA Division I history.
• C.J. Williams is one of the ACC's most improved players. He has improved his scoring average from 4.7 last year to 12.2 this season for a net of +7.5.
• Richard Howell is the ACC's fourth leading rebounder with an average of 9.2 per game.
• NC State is the top assist team in conference play, averaging 15.4 assists per game. The Pack (16.8) trails only UNC (17.9) for assists in all games.
• The Pack is only ACC program with five players listed among league's scoring leaders. Each player is averaging 11.4 points or better per game.
• The NC State starting five account for .804 percent of the scoring.
• The Pack's strength of schedule is 59th according to Collegerpi. com (as of 2/15 /12) and its NCAA RPI is 51st.