NC State On The Road Versus St. Bonaventure
Dec. 19, 2011
NC State (6-4) at St. Bonaventure (5-4)
Blue Cross Arena (Rochester, N.Y.)
Game time 7 p.m.
ROCHESTER, N.Y. – When NC State and St. Bonaventure meet on Tuesday at Rochester’s Blue Cross Arena, it will be the first time the two programs have faced one another since the opening round of the 1970 NCAA Tournament.
The Bonnies won that meeting 80-68 in Columbia. S.C., and were led by Hall of Famer Bob Lanier, who scored a team-high 24 points. SBU would go on to make the Final Four that year.
The Wolfpack returns to action following an 88-72 loss to top-ranked Syracuse on Saturday at the RBC Center. Senior C.J. Williams posted a career- and game-high 25 points to lead State. Williams scored the contest’s first five points, including scoring his 500th career tally, but two scoreless stretches in the first and second halves helped the Orange get back into and take control of the game in the closing minutes.
St. Bonaventure enters Tuesday’s contest following a 76-66 victory over Loyola (Md.), which snapped the Greyhounds eight-game winning streak. The Bonnies were in control from the beginning scoring 14 of the game’s first 16 points. Demitrius Conger led SBU with 20 points and five assists. This is the second consecutive year that the Bonnies have hosted an ACC foe in Rochester, their home away from home. Last year, they fell to Virginia Tech, 76-68.
There is no television coverage of Tuesday’s contest, but all of the action can be heard on the NC State Radio Network with Gary Hahn with the play-by-play description and Tony Haynes providing the color commentary. Airtime is 6:30 p.m.
• Senior C.J. Williams posted a career-high 25 points versus Syracuse.
• Williams scored his career 500th point with a three pointer with 18:29 remaining in the first half of the Syracuse game.
• It’s the third time this season Williams has either tied or set his career-high for points this season. He is averaging 23.0 ppg over his last two games.
• Sophomore Lorenzo Brown recorded a career-best 13 assists against the Orange.
• Brown logged his first-career double by adding 10 points to his assist total.
• Junior Richard Howell is 21 points shy of 500 career points.
• Junior Scott Wood is 17-of-17 from the line this year.
• The Pack has had at least three players score in double figures every game this season.
• This is the first meeting between St. Bonaventure and NC State since the first round of the1970 NCAA Tournament.
• The Bonnies won the game 80-68, which was played in Columbia, S.C.
• NC State owns a 53-18 mark against current Atlantic-10 foes.
• This is the Wolfpack’s final road trip of 2011 and its last non-conference travel date of the season as well.
• This is only time this season the Pack will play a road game (SBU, Dec. 20) with a day’s rest before playing a home game (Northeastern, Dec.22).
• By week’s end, the Pack will have played three games in five days.
• In it’s last outing, the Wolfpack fell to top-ranked Syracuse, 88-72, at home last Saturday.
• The Pack is 5-26 all-time in meetings with No. 1 ranked teams.
• Beginning with the 2012-13 season, ACC teams will play an 18-game conference slate.
• The Pack’s strength of schedule is 14th according to Collegerpi.com.
• The ACC has the second-best league RPI according to Collegerpi.com.