Group of gridiron graduates largest in last decade
Norman named co-defensive lineman of the week, Sade name specialist of the week
Core group will represent each position on field
Team elects group of peers to `position of respect'
A preview of the 2012 squad
NC State's Tony Creecy and Art Norman represented the Wolfpack in Greensboro at the annual #ACCKickoff on Sunday. The two Pack seniors started their interviews at 10:30 a.m., and ended at 6 p.m. at the Grandover Resort.
Art Norman has come a long way since the GoPack.com cameras followed him one day in August of 2011. He attributes much of his success to the mentoring he received from older players when he was a rookie. Now he's trying to pay it forward.
NC State's Tony Creecy and Art Norman represented the Wolfpack in Greensoboro at the annual ACC Kickoff on Sunday.
NC State at North Carolina
Photos by Peyton Williams
- Just 7.5 sacks from tying Mario WIlliams school record.
As a RS - Junior (2013):
- Named the ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week for the Richmond game.
- Led all defensive linemen in snaps with 508 for the season.
- Team captain vs. Clemson, Wake Forest and Boston College.
- Team leader in sacks (4.5), he ranked third on the team TFL (9).
- Elected to serve on the team's Leadership Council for 2013.
- Earned team's Carey Brewbaker Defensive Lineman of the Year Award.
As a RS - Sophomore (2012):
- Tallied 28 quarterback pressures and tied for team lead with 5.5 sacks.
As a RS - Freshman (2012):
- Registered twice as many QB pressures as any Pack defender with 30.
- Led the team in sacks (7) and ranked third in TFL (10).
- Had a huge game in the win over No. 7 Clemson with three sacks for a loss of 16 yards and a caused fumble that led to a Wolfpack score.
- Named to the 2011-12 ACC Academic Honor Roll.
As a Freshman (2010):
- Redshirted. He was a two-time defensive scout team player of the week.
In High School:
- Played three years of varsity football for coach Michael Collins.
- Senior Stats: 57 tackles, 18 TFL, seven sacks, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
- Junior Stats: 65 tackles, 18 TFL, 10 sacks as a junior.
- Sophomore Stats: 59 tackles, 16 TFL.