AS A FRESHMAN (2014):
· Backup at free safety, he got the start at Louisville.
· Tallied six tackles in just 16 snaps vs. Boston College.
· Enrolled at NC State for the 2014 spring semester and participated in spring drills - he gained 30 lbs. prior to the season opener.
IN HIGH SCHOOL:
· Played safety and wide receiver for coach Wayne Jones, the team finished 9-4 and advanced to the second round of the NC 4A state championships
· Played in the 2013 North Carolina-South Carolina Shrine Bowl, where he had eight tackles, including one for a loss.
· Selected to the Offense-Defense Senior Bowl, but did not play because of early enrollment at NC State.
· Honors: Earned All-Piedmont Triad 4A all-conference three times. A 2013 Associated Press all-state selection at defensive back. Named Piedmont Triad 4A Conference's Defensive Player of the Year as a senior.
· Career Stats: 328 tackles, 179 solo stops and 21 TFL, 12 INTs.
· Senior Stats: 104 tackles, five TFLs, five interceptions, seven PBUs; 31 receptions for 424 yards and three touchdowns.
· Junior Stats: 92 tackles, four interceptions and two pass breakups.
· Rankings: No. 90 safety nationally by scout.com. No. 213 player nationally regardless of position. No. 13 outside linebacker nationally and No. 9 player in North Carolina by rivals.com. No. 77 safety nationally by ESPN.com.