In today's episode, our cameras followed tight end David J. Grinnage during a recent Pack practice.
Each installment of this series will cover the development of different players as they fight for a spot on the depth chart leading up to the Pack's season opener against Louisiana Tech. In today's episode, our cameras followed tight end David J. Grinnage during a recent Pack practice.
As a RS - Sophomore (2014):
• Tied for the team lead in touchdown receptions with five.
• Starting tight end, he was named to the midseason list for the Mackey Award.
• All of his TD grabs came against ACC opponents and were in the last seven games of the season.
As a RS - Freshman (2013):
• Started seven games.
• Ended the season strong, with nine of his 15 catches in the last six games.
As a Freshman (2012):
• Redshirted. Named Offensive Scout Team Player of the Week for the South Alabama contest.
In High School:
• Played for coach Butch Simpson, his team posted a 12-1 record, including 8-0 in conference during his senior season, falling in the state championship game.
• Honors: First-team all-state as a tight end and all-conference as a TE and DE. A Blue/Gold all-star selection. Earned second•team all-conference honors at defensive end as a junior - Earned second•team all-conference honors in baseball (DH). Also an academic all-conference performer.
• Senior Stats: 43 catches for 590 yards and six touchdowns; 71 tackles and two interceptions.
• Rankings: No. 21 tight end nationally by scout.com. No. 2 player in Delaware by rivals.com.