ACC Players of the Year Andrew Colley and Nick Gwiazdowski are among the honorees
Thuney and Tocho let fans have a peek into a day of their spring semester
Pack ties for second in number of honorees
Throughout 2014, GoPack.com will offer a unique behind-the scenes look at the Wolfpack football program in a new series called #TandTu.
Core group will represent each position on field
In episode 2 of You Don't Know JACK, fellow DB Hakim Jones finds himself in the guest chair.
In the first installment of this new series, Jack delves into the life of RB Matt Dayes.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2014):
• Turned in a solid performance in his second year as a starter.
• Led the team in passes broken up with 11.
• Earned the team’s Dewayne Washington Award for Defensive Back of the Year.
AS A FRESHMAN (2013):
• Co-recipient of the team’s Philip Rivers Award - given to the Most Valuable Freshman.
• Only one of two freshmen to start a game on defense, he got the nod in the last seven games.
• In his first career start vs. Syracuse, picked off two passes in 35 snaps before leaving the game with an injury. He was named the ACC Rookie of the Week for that performance.
• An Academic All-ACC performer.
IN HIGH SCHOOL:
• Played cornerback, running back and safety for coach Bill Geiler.
• Played in the 2012 Shrine Bowl.
• Helped lead team to a 10-3 record and second round of the state playoffs.
• Was named school’s 2012 Scholar Athlete of the Year.
• Honors: Named to the Associated Press all-state team. Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year and an All-Southwestern Conference performer as a junior and senior.
• Senior Stats: 57 tackles (49 solo), six INTs, three KO returns for TDs.
• Junior Stats: 48 tackles, five interceptions, 23 PBUs.
• Personal: Son of Kenyan immigrants, he has traveled to Africa several times.