Group of gridiron graduates largest in last decade
Pack's safety started first five games last year before injury
Pack's safety missed final seven games in 2013
Senior leader suffers third torn ACL of his career
Core group will represent each position on field
Jarvis Byrd will be one of many NC State football players to earn his degree on Saturday. See how adversity has helped the Pack safety become a leader on and off the field.
- Has been granted a sixth year of eligibility.
As a RS - Senior (2013):
- Started at free safety in the first five games of the season before suffering a third torn ACL against Wake Forest.
- Moved from corner to safety in the spring of 2013.
- Elected to serve on the team's Leadership Council for 2013.
As a RS - Junior (2012):
- Saw action in the first four games of the season before suffering a thigh injury prior to the Virginia contest.
As a RS - Sophomore (2011):
-Suffered a second torn ACL in summer workouts and missed the entire season.
As a Sophomore (2010):
- Red-shirted the season as he rehabbed from a torn ACL.
As a Freshman (2009):
- Went from one of the Wolfpack's top scout teams players in September to earning a starting job at boundary corner in November.
- Started the Clemson, Virginia Tech and North Carolina games.
- Suffered a torn ACL versus the Tar Heels.
- Was slated to redshirt, but after injuries depleted the secondary, he stepped in versus Florida State - the eighth game of the season.
In High School:
- Played varsity all four years for coach Blaze Thompson.
- Helped lead his team to the Class 2B state championship game.
- Played on the American team in the 2008 Treasure Coast All-Star game.
- Honors: Prep Star All-American as a senior. Class 2B all-state first team and small-school all-area first team defense.
- Senior Stats: 60 tackles, three sacks, one interception, 15 pass breakups, four forced fumbles and two recovered fumbles. Also blocked three punts and two field goals.