Countdown to Kickoff
Aug. 29, 2014
RALEIGH, N.C. - Fans in the parking lots and passing through the gates of Carter-Finley Stadium will notice several key improvements aimed at enhancing the fan experience for the 2014 season:
* A multi-million dollar DAS (Distributed Antenna System) aimed at improving connectivity has been installed throughout the venue compliments of AT&T. Over 225 antennas have been distributed between Murphy Center, Vaughn Towers, and the Finley Fieldhouse and certain parking areas. The system will serve AT&T subscribers initially with plans for more carriers to join in the coming months.
* An improved GoPack.com Gameday Live mobile app is now available (iPhone/iPad or Android). In its updated version, the GoPack.com mobile app includes live and on-demand streaming media content, news and headlines featuring greater mobile optimization, Twitter integration and sport-specific facility information, including seating and parking maps.
* NC State students will be able to take advantage of mobile ticket delivery for the first time, as better than 60 percent of students have adopted this for Saturday’s opener. We hope to provide mobile ticketing to all fans in future seasons.
* Numerous improved heat initiatives are in place for Saturday’s opener against Georgia Southern.
* The in-stadium game day experience will feature new halftime shows from the marching band. Prior to the game the Wolfpack Fan Zone (located in front of PNC Arena across from Dail Plaza) will include a live band on Saturday.
* The new ACC in-stadium video board replay policy will allow us to show unlimited instant replays, including plays under review, provided by the television broadcast partner for that game.
* Fans will be provided with a complimentary #Statement cup with the purchase of a beverage at concession stands throughout Carter-Finley Stadium.
* Additional dates throughout the season will include the second annual Ag Day (Sept. 6 vs. Old Dominion), Band Day (Oct. 11 vs. Boston College) and Military Appreciation Day (Nov. 15 vs. Wake Forest).
* NC State great Mario Williams will have his jersey honored during the Georgia Southern game on Saturday. Williams will be in attendance and will be honored between the first and second quarters.
* Numerous Wolfpack teams will be honored throughout the year as the “Team of the Game” starting with the women’s golf program on Saturday fresh off the program’s first Top 10 finish at the NCAA Championships in May.