NFL Pack Blitz: Week 4
Raleigh, N.C. - Week 4 of the NFL season saw two former Wolfpack All-American brother’s face off, one former Pack DB setting a franchise record, and a rookie making his case for NFL Rookie of the Week honors. Here are some of the standout performances from former NC State football players in Week 4:
• Mario Williams had a big day in leading the Houston Texans to their first win of the season, 17-15 over Miami. Williams was credited with 1.5 sacks on the day, and tipped a potential game-tying two-point conversion pass with under two minutes to play to preserve the win.
• The Holt brothers faced off when the St. Louis Rams defeated the Detroit Lions 41-34. Torry caught six passes for 102 yards, the second straight week he went over the century mark. He also had a 16-yard TD reception. Terrence did not record a tackle for the Lions.
• Safety Adrian Wilson set a new Arizona Cardinals team record with his 99-yard interception return in the Cardinals’ 32-10 loss to Atlanta. Wilson also finished with five tackles.
• Quarterback Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers dropped their first game of the season at Baltimore 16-13. Rivers fired a 31-yard touchdown on the first drive top put the Chargers up early, but the Ravens would score in the final minute for the win. Rivers finished the game 13-of-22 for 145 yards with one touchdown and his first interception of the season. Up next for the Chargers is a Sunday night contest against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• Wideout Jerricho Cotchery continued his hot start to the season, catching a 33-yard touchdown pass in the Jets 31-28 loss to Indianapolis. Cotchery finished the game with three catches for 65 yards, and now has three TD receptions in the first four games of the season.
• Brian Williams had nine tackles in Jacksonville’s 36-30 overtime loss to Washington.
• Koren Robinson had two catches for 23 yards and returned three kickoffs for an average of 18.7 in Green Bay’s Monday night loss to Philadelphia.