Nov. 10, 2012
Sheraton Raleigh Wolfpack Invitational
Game #2: NC State (1-0) vs. Auburn (1-0)
Saturday, Nov. 10 • 7:30 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
TV Crew: Andrew Sanders and Chasity Melvin
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Chris Edwards and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Audio
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State will host Auburn in the championship game of the Sheraton Raleigh Wolfpack Invitational inside Reynolds Coliseum on Saturday at 7:30 p.m., on ESPN3.
Both clubs had rather comfortable victories on Friday afternoon. The Wolfpack came away with an 85-45 win over Wofford, while Auburn earned a 71-41 victory over Maine.
NC State put four players in double figures, led by a game-high 19 points from junior Kody Burke, and a career-high 16 points off the bench from sophomore Kiana Evans. Fueled by three 3-pointers, Myisha Goodwin-Coleman added 15 points, and junior Breezy Williams had 10 points in her first start since her freshman season.
For Auburn, in the first game under the direction of first-year head coach Terri Williams-Flournoy, Hasina Muhammad scored 20 points, Tyrese Tanner and Najat Ouardad tossed in 15 and 11 points, respectively.
This will be the third meeting between NC State and Auburn with AU holding a 2-0 series advantage. The Tigers won the last meeting, 66-51, at the 2008 FIU Thanksgiving Tournament in Miami. Kellie Harper lost the only previous matchup with Auburn's new coach, when she was at Georgetown. The Wolfpack lost by one point, 67-66, on Dec. 12, 2009 in Washington, D.C.
Harper is 0-2 all-time against Auburn, with both games coming when she was the head coach at Western Carolina.
Wofford and Maine will play at 5 p.m., in the consolation game, before the title game at 7:30 p.m. Remember that all fans that attend the NC State football game can bring their ticket to Reynolds and receive free admission to the basketball games on Saturday night.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• A win over Auburn would be the Pack's 4th in a row over an SEC team; Went 3-0 last season
Kellie Harper is 0-2 all-time vs. Auburn (both losses at Western Carolina)
• 54.7 FG% vs. Wofford is the best single game effort since Harper took over program in 09-10
• The 40-point win vs. Wofford is largest in season opener since 74-29 over UNCG in 2007
• NC State is now 35-4 in season-opening games; has won 10 straight openers
• NC State returns four of its five leading scorers from last season
• The Wolfpack was selected eighth in the preseason ACC standings
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
- Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)
• Marissa Kastanek was named the 2012 ACC WBB Scholar Athlete of the Year
• NC State has not lost back-to-back non-conference home games since 2002
The Last Meeting
|No. 15/16 Auburn||67
November 29, 2008