Jan. 2, 2013
Game #14: NC State (8-5, 0-1 ACC) vs. No 3/4 Duke (11-0, 1-0 ACC)
Thursday, Jan. 3 • 7 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum
TV Crew: Patrick Kinas and Sean McNally
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Chris Edwards and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Listen
Gametracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes: NCSU | Duke
RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State's ACC home opener is upon us and brings No. 3 Duke to town for a Thursday evening matchup at Reynolds Coliseum between these two long-time local rivals for a 7 p.m., tip on ESPN3.
Thursday is also Dads and Kids Night. All dads and kids will be invited onto the floor after the game for a shootaround.
The Wolfpack bounced back from its loss at Miami on Dec. 20 in its first league game, with a 70-66 win at St. Bonaventure on Sunday. Junior Kody Burke had a great game with 20 points, on 9-of-14 shooting, and seven rebounds in the win. It was her fourth game with at least 20 points this year.
State shot over 50.0 percent for the fifth time this season against the Bonnies, and continue to be one of the top shooting teams in the nation. Duke can boast the same by entering the game eighth nationally at 48.3 percent, while the Pack is 20th at 45.2%.
Duke is one of just four unbeaten teams in the nation, and rides an 11-0 record into Thursday's tilt. This will be the 73rd meeting between these Triangle rivals with NC State holding a 40-32 advantage. NC State upset the Blue Devils in the last matchup that took place at the 2012 ACC Tournament.
NC State is 18-12 all-time at Reynolds against Duke, and has held the Blue Devils to just 60.8 points per game in the last four meetings in Reynolds. Back in 2011, then Duke freshman Chelsea Gray hit a driving layup with 12 seconds left to help No. 3 Duke rally from a 20-point deficit.
The Wolfpack head down I-40 to take on Wake Forest on Sunday at 2 p.m., in Winston-Salem. State will then host North Carolina next Thursday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m., on the ACC Digital Network on YouTube.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NCSU plays its ACC home opener vs. Duke for the first time since 1995-96 season
• The Pack has shot 50.0% or better in five games this season. Only happened once in 2011-12
• Eight players average at least 5.0 points per game; all 8 have played in all 13 games
• State has played in an ACC-leading four games decided by 5 points or less (2-2 record)
• State is 2nd in ACC with 66 3PT FGs this season; 4th in 3FG% (32.8)
• Kody Burke ranks T16 in ACC history with a school record 1.7 blocks per game career avg.
• Burke has made 85 FGs this season; 2nd only to Tianna Hawkins (90) in the ACC
• Marissa Kastanek ranks T22 in ACC history with 194 career three-point FGs
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
- Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)