Jan. 16, 2013
Game #18: NC State (8-9, 0-5 ACC) at No. 10/10 Maryland (13-3, 4-1 ACC)
Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013 • 8:30 p.m. ET
College Park, Md. • Comcast Center (17,950)
TV: Regional Sports Network/ESPN3 Where to #watchACC
TV Crew: Mike Hogewood and Stephanie Ready
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Listen
Gametracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes: NCSU | Maryland
COLLEGE PARK, Md. - NC State will take on its third nationally-ranked team in the last five games when the Wolfpack visits No. 10 Maryland on Thursday at Comcast Center beginning at 8:30 p.m., on the Regional Sports Network, including Fox Sports Carolinas in North Carolina.
The matchup can also be seen on Comcast SportsNet Plus, Fox Sports South, Sun Sports, Fox Sports Florida, NESN and more. For the full list of where to watch, click the #watchACC link.
NC State is 13-17 all-time at Maryland, and is searching for its first victory in College Park since Jan. 23, 2005. In the most recent visit to Comcast Center two seasons ago, No. 12 Maryland used a strong second half to come out on top 88-59 on Feb. 6, 2011.
The Wolfpack led by 12 with just over 13 minutes elapsed and 39-36 at halftime before the Terrapins stormed back. Myisha Goodwin-Coleman scored 14 points to lead the Pack. Marissa Kastanek added 12 points.
Kody Burke scored in double figures for the eighth-straight game with 19 points last time out in a 78-59 loss at Virginia on Sunday. Marissa Kastanek added 17 points as the Wolfpack duo combined for 36 of the 59 points.
In fact, Burke and Kastanek have combined to score exactly 50 percent of NC State's points in the last five games. Burke is averaging 16.6 points and 8.0 rebounds, while Kastanek has come up with 14.4 points on 44.1 percent three-point shooting over that time frame.
The Terrapins are coming off of a decisive 74-45 victory at Virginia Tech over the weekend. Alyssa Thomas led with 26 points, a career-high 18 rebounds, six assists and three blocks. Tianna Hawkins added 14 points and Katie Rutan and freshman Tierney Pfirman each added 11.
NC State hosts No. 22 Florida State on Sunday at 3 p.m., on the Regional Sports Network and ESPN3.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State is 13-17 all-time at Maryland; Last win in College Park on Jan. 23, 2005
• Pack has the 24th strongest strength of schedule according to latest NCAA rankings
• State has played in an ACC-leading five games decided by 5 points or less (2-3 record)
• State is 2nd in ACC with 93 3PT FGs this season; 4th in 3FG% (34.3)
• The Pack has shot 50.0% or better in five games this season. Only happened once in 2011-12
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman has averaged 5.3 assists over the last three games
• Kody Burke is 1 of 2 players in ACC in top10 in scoring (7th), rebounds (9th) and blocks (3rd)
• Burke ranks T16 in ACC history with a school record 1.7 blocks per game career avg.
• Burke has made 111 FGs this season; 2nd only to Md's Tianna Hawkins (122) in the ACC
• Marissa Kastanek ranks 19th in ACC history with 207 career three-point FGs
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
The Last Meeting
February 26, 2012