Jan. 21, 2012
Game 20: NC State (13-6, 3-3 ACC) vs. North Carolina (13-5, 3-2 ACC)
Sunday, Jan. 22, 2012 • 1 p.m. ET • Regional Sports Network / ESPN3
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
TV: Regional Sports Network / ESPN3
TV Crew: Mike Hogewood and Debbie Antonelli
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Kristy Kenney
GoPack All-Access: Audio
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
Buy Tickets | Promotional Schedule | Scotty McCreery at Hoops 4 Hope
RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State heads into Sunday's battle with North Carolina having won three-straight games, and will also look for its second-consecutive victory over the Tar Heels at Reynolds Coliseum. Tip off is at 1 p.m., and can be seen on the Regional Sports Network and ESPN3.
Links are available above for the RSN affiliates that will carry the game, or watch online on ESPN3.
The Wolfpack has won a pair of road contests this week, beginning with a 75-66 result at Wake Forest on Monday. The club then prevailed 62-46 at Clemson on Thursday, and now sits at 13-6 on the year, just one short of last season's win total. State is also 3-3 in the ACC.
Fifth-year senior Emili Tasler, in her 66th career game with the Pack, tossed in a career-high 16 points in the win over the Tigers. She made four shots from beyond the arc, while senior forward Bonae Holston recorded a third-straight double-double performance with 17 points and 14 rebounds.
As for the Tar Heels, Brittany Rountree scored 13 of her 17 points in the second half and Chay Shegog scored 14 as No. 24 North Carolina gave head coach Sylvia Hatchell her 600th win at the school Thursday night, overcoming a sloppy effort and beating Virginia Tech 56-37.
Hatchell joined Kay Yow and Debbie Ryan of Virginia as the only coaches to achieve 600 victories with the same ACC program. The victory snapped a three-game losing streak for the Tar Heels.
A win by State on Sunday would be the third over UNC in the last four meetings.
NC State hosts Florida State on Friday at 6:30 p.m., on the Regional Sports Network and ESPN3.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NCAA RPI Rankings (as of Jan. 16): NC State 50, North Carolina 155
• State is 51-41 all-time against UNC; 25-12 at home against the Tar Heels
• The Wolfpack is 11-0 this season when allowing less than 70 points in a game
• Kellie Harper has beaten four ranked teams since taking over at NC State in 2009-10
• NCSU (18.4) ranks 2nd in offensive rebounding in the ACC; 3rd overall at 44.6 rpg
• NC State ranks second in the ACC with 5.4 three-pointer per game; 3rd in 3FG% (33.2)
• State is averaging 74.5 points in its 13 wins; 62.8 ppg in its six losses
• Holston is averaging 17.7 points and 13.0 rebounds in last 3 games; double-double in each
• Marissa Kastanek has scored 25 points in the last two games (23 came in the 2nd half)
• Kody Burke is three points shy of 500 points and three rebounds away from 300 in career
• Holston is 2nd among active players in the ACC with 24 career double-doubles
• Holston NCSU ranks: 15th in points (1,439) and 9th in rebounds (799)
• Kastanek is shooting 44.4 percent (16-36) from beyond the arc over the last 10 games