Jan. 23, 2013
Game #20: NC State (8-11, 0-7 ACC) vs. Virginia Tech (7-10, 1-5 ACC)
Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013 • 7 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Listen | Watch
Gametracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes: NCSU | VT
RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State is back home Thursday when Virginia Tech comes to Reynolds Coliseum for a 7 p.m., ACC contest.
The Wolfpack is coming off an 82-74 setback to No. 22 Florida State on Sunday. Four players scored in double figures, led by Kody Burke's 16 points, her 16th game with at least 10 points this season. Sophomore Krystal Barrett was re-inserted back into the starting lineup and responded with 10 points and a career-high eight assists.
Junior Myisha Goodwin-Coleman recently joined a group of now only four players in program history to compile 300 assists and 100 three-pointers. The other three to do so are Jennifer Howard, Tynesha Lewis and Ashley Key.
Marissa Kastanek has shot nearly 40 percent from three-point range in conference games this season, and has at least two makes in seven-consecutive games. Her 211 career three-pointers is 19th in ACC history, and one behind Boston College's Kerri Shields, who is the league's active leader with 212.
For Virginia Tech, its last outing was a 58-26 loss at No. 4 Duke last Wednesday. Uju Ugoka leads the Hokies in scoring at 15.1 points per game. She played alongside NC State's Markeisha Gatling at Gulf Coast (Fla.) State the last two seasons, before each transferred to their respective ACC schools.
NC State heads to Atlanta to take on Georgia Tech this Sunday at 2 p.m., on ESPN3.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State is 5-0 all-time at home vs. Virginia Tech
• State has played in an ACC-leading five games decided by 5 points or less (2-3 record)
• State is 2nd in ACC with 102 3PT FGs this season; 4th in 3FG% (33.7)
• The Pack has shot 50.0% or better in five games this season. Only happened once in 2011-12
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman has averaged 4.8 assists over the last five games
• Kody Burke is 1 of 2 players in ACC top10 in scoring (7th), rebounds (9th) and blocks (3rd)
• Burke ranks T16 in ACC history with a school record 1.7 blocks per game career avg.
• Burke has made 122 FGs this season; 2nd only to Md's Tianna Hawkins (140) in the ACC
• Marissa Kastanek ranks 19th in ACC history with 211 career three-point FGs
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
- Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)
The Last Meeting
January 29, 2012