Jan. 28, 2012
Game 22: NC State (13-8, 3-5 ACC) at Virginia Tech (7-14, 3-5 ACC)
Sunday, Jan. 29, 2012 • 1 p.m. ET • Regional Sports Network / ESPN3
Blacksburg, Va. • Cassell Coliseum (9,847)
TV: Regional Sports Network / ESPN3
TV Crew: Mike Hogewood and Debbie Antonelli
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and L'Tona Lamonte
GoPack All-Access: Audio
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
Just two days removed from a crushing defeat at home at the hands of Florida State, the NC State women's basketball team must regroup quickly and get ready for Sunday's ACC tilt at Virginia Tech at 1 p.m. The game can be seen on the Regional Sports Network and ESPN3.
Links are available above for the RSN affiliates that will carry the game, or watch online on ESPN3.
The game is also part of ACC Sportsmanship Awareness Week that runs Jan. 23-29. Every league team will showcase its continued dedication to sportsmanship by participating in a pregame handshake before the game.
State suffered a 67-64 loss to the Seminoles on Friday night, its second-straight setback after winning its previous three contests. The 'Noles' Leonor Rodriguez connected on a desperation 24-foot shot that swished for the deciding bucket of the game. The Pack erased a 13-point second-half hole and ultimately tied the game at 64-all with nine seconds left on a layup from Bonae Holston.
Sophomore point guard Myisha Goodwin-Coleman tied a career-high with 17 points, and Holston added 14 and Marissa Kastanek dropped in 10 - her team-leading 18th game in double figures.
Virginia Tech is coming off the upset of the season to date with a win at No. 8 Maryland on Thursday. Monet Tellier paced the 75-59 win with 31 points. Despite just a 7-14 overall slate, the Hokies are tied with the Wolfpack in the league standings at 3-5.
NC State visits Georgia Tech next time out on Thursday for a 7 p.m., league encounter.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NCAA RPI Rankings (as of Jan. 23): NC State 52, Virginia Tech 179
• NC State received four votes in AP Top-25 poll this week (first of the season)
• State is 12-0 all-time against Virginia Tech; 6-0 on the road against the Hokies
• Pack has beaten only one team (App. St. 24-0) more times without a loss than Va. Tech
• NCSU leads ACC with 18.2 offensive rebounds per game; 4th overall at 43.7 rpg
• NC State ranks second in the ACC with 5.6 three-pointer per game; 4th in 3FG% (32.8)
• State is averaging 74.5 points in its 13 wins; 61.4 ppg in its eight losses
• Bonae Holston is 2nd among active players in the ACC with 24 career double-doubles
• Holston NCSU ranks: 15th in points (1,457) and 9th in rebounds (807)
• Marissa Kastanek is 2nd in the ACC in conference only games in 3-point shooting (43.8%)
• Kastanek has averaged 18.0 ppg in two career meetings with Va. Tech
• Emili Tasler is shooting 40.0% (12-of-30) from 3-point land in ACC games
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman had 17 pts, 6 assists, 5 rebounds and 4 steals against FSU on Fri.