Feb. 1, 2012
Game 23: NC State (14-8, 4-5 ACC) at Georgia Tech (16-6, 6-3 ACC)
Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 • 7 p.m. ET
Duluth, Ga. • Arena at Gwinnett Center (12,750)
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and L'Tona Lamonte
GoPack All-Access: Audio | Video (Ramblinwreck.com)
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
NC State looks for a bit of revenge Thursday when the club visits No. 24/22 Georgia Tech for a 7 p.m., encounter in Duluth, Ga. The Yellow Jackets downed the Wolfpack, 76-66, earlier in the season at Reynolds Coliseum on Jan. 2.
Due to renovations of Georgia Tech's on-campus facility, Thursday's game will take place at the Arena at Gwinnett Center in the Atlanta suburb of Duluth.
Both teams are coming off Sunday wins on the road. NC State took down Virginia Tech, 65-53, while Georgia Tech earned a 63-54 win at Clemson for third-straight win in conference. Taking a quick look at the ACC standings, the Jackets are in fourth with a 6-3 record, while State is tied for sixth at 4-5.
The Wolfpack will look to continue its strong play away from Raleigh this season. NC State owns a 7-4 combined record in away and neutral site contests, including a 5-4 slate in true road games - the most in a season since 2006-07.
State has also already equaled last season's win total with eight games left in the regular season. The Wolfpack continues to shoot well from beyond the arc, converting 40.0 percent (8-for-20) in the win over the Hokies last time out. In fact, Emili Tasler (second), Marissa Kastanek (third) and Myisha Goodwin-Coleman (seventh) all rank among the top-7 deep range threats in conference only games.
NC State returns home for a four-game homestand beginning Sunday against Virginia at 2 p.m.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NCAA RPI Rankings (as of Jan. 30): NC State 62, Georgia Tech 19
• State is 16-12 all-time against Georgia Tech on the road
• NCSU is tied for sixth in the ACC standings with Virginia and Florida State
• Pack's five road wins is most since the 2006-07 club went 5-6 that season
• Wolfpack has equaled last season's win total with eight games left in regular season
• NC State ranks second in the ACC with 5.7 3FG per game; 3rd in 3FG% (33.2)
• NCSU is 2nd in the ACC with 18.0 offensive rebounds per game; 4th overall at 43.5 rpg
• State is averaging 73.9 points in its 14 wins; 61.4 ppg in its eight losses
• Emili Tasler is shooting 41.2% (14-of-34) from 3-point land in ACC games
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman is averaging 14.5 points, and shooting 54.5% from 3 last 2 games
• Bonae Holston is 3rd among active players in the ACC with 24 career double-doubles
• Holston NCSU ranks: 15th in points (1,469) and 8th in rebounds (815)
• Marissa Kastanek is 3rd in the ACC in 3-point shooting: overall (37.5%); ACC only (40.0%)