Feb. 2, 2013
Game #23: NC State (10-12, 2-8 ACC) vs. Wake Forest (10-11, 3-6 ACC)
Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013 • 2 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Acces: Listen | Watch
Gametracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes: NCSU | Wake
RALEIGH, N.C. - All tickets are just $1 on Sunday when the NC State women's basketball team hosts Wake Forest at Reynolds Coliseum at 2 p.m.
The Wolfpack seek to bounce back from Thursday's 81-69 setback at Boston College on Thursday in Chestnut Hill, Mass. Wake Forest has lost three in a row and four of its last five games overall.
NC State made nine three-pointers against the Eagles, and is shooting 34.6 percent from beyond the arc this season, the programs best showing since back in 1996-97. The Pack has been even better at home, firing at a 38.1% clip at Reynolds. Marissa Kastanek (40.4%) and Myisha Goodwin-Coleman (39.6%) lead the way from downtown in their own building. The two also combined for eight three-pointers against BC, including a career-topping five from Goodwin-Coleman.
Kody Burke picked up career block No. 150 last time out and is just three and four swats shy of Khadijah Whittington and Chasity Melvin's career totals of 153 and 154, respectively. Five more blocks this season will put Burke in sole possession of fourth place in program history.
The Demon Deacon fell 89-82 in overtime at Georgia Tech last Thursday in Atlanta. The game featured 11 ties and 17 lead changes. Tech started overtime on a 12-0 run to grab momentum but the Deacs answered with a 9-0 to make it interesting. GT then sealed the game from the free throw line in the fi nal minute. Senior Asia Williams led fi ve Deacons in double-fi gures with a career-high 20 points.
Raleigh native Lakevia Boykin leads Wake in scoring at 15.3 points per game.
NC State will host Clemson next Sunday at 2 p.m.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State is 32-4 all-time vs. Wake at home; Won 7-of last 8 games in Reynolds
• State's 42.8 FG% is best showing since 2005-06; 34.6 3FG% is best figure since 1996-97
• State is 2nd in ACC with 122 3PT FGs this season; 3rd in 3FG% (34.6)
• The Pack has shot 50.0% or better in six games this season. Only happened once in 2011-12
• Kody Burke is the only player in ACC top10 in scoring (7th), rebounds (8th) and blocks (3rd)
• Burke ranks T16 in ACC history with a school record 1.7 blocks per game career avg.
• Marissa Kastanek is 14th in program history with 1,520 career points
• Kastanek ranks 19th in ACC history with 219 career three-point FGs
-2nd most among active ACC players behind BC's Kerri Shields (222)
• Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
- Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)
The Last Meeting
January 6, 2013