Feb. 4, 2012
Game 24: NC State (14-9, 4-6 ACC) vs. Virginia (16-8, 4-6 ACC)
Sunday, Feb. 5, 2012 • 2 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Kristy Kenney
GoPack All-Access: Audio | Video
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
Buy Tickets | Promotional Schedule
Sunday is NC State's annual "Pack the House" game where all tickets are just $1 for the matchup with Virginia at Reynolds Coliseum beginning at 2 p.m.
For the third time in the last four games, the Wolfpack will take on a conference opponent they are tied with in the ACC standings. Both clubs enter Sunday's contest at 4-6 in the league, and coming off road losses to top-25 clubs in their last game. State fell in overtime to Georgia Tech on Thursday, while Virginia lost Friday night at North Carolina.
Sophomore guard Myisha Goodwin-Coleman is playing her best basketball of the season over the last three games, averaging 14.7 points and shooting 50.0 percent from beyond the arc.
The Wolfpack also received got good contributions from its bench last time out as freshmen Krystal Barrett and Erica Donovan each scored nine points, and sophomore forward Lakeesa Daniel tossed in seven points.
Meanwhile, Virginia fell 64-56 at UNC on Friday. Senior guard Ariana Moorer led all scorers with 21 points. The game was tied 54-all, before the Tar Heels closed the game out with a 10-2 run.
NC State continues its four-game homestand on Thursday by stepping out of conference play to take on Longwood at 7 p.m.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NCAA RPI Rankings (as of Jan. 30): NC State 62, Virginia 44
• NC State is 16-15 all-time against Virginia at home
• Last season's matchup went to four overtimes; UVa won 94-92
• Marissa Kastanek played 55 minutes; Myisha Goodwin-Coleman (52) in last season's game
• Pack's five road wins is most since the 2006-07 club went 5-6 that season
• Wolfpack has equaled last season's win total in just 22 regular-season games
• NC State ranks second in the ACC with 5.7 3FG per game; 3rd in 3FG% (32.9)
• NCSU is 2nd in the ACC with 17.9 offensive rebounds per game; 4th overall at 43.7 rpg
• State is averaging 73.9 points in its 14 wins; 62.1 ppg in its nine losses
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman is averaging 14.7 points, and shooting 50.0% from 3 last 3 games
• Bonae Holston is 3rd among active players in the ACC with 24 career double-doubles
• Holston NCSU ranks: 15th in points (1,473) and 8th in rebounds (821)
• Marissa Kastanek is 3rd in the ACC in FT shooting (84.6%); 5th in 3FG shooting (37.2%)