Feb. 9, 2013
Game #24: NC State (11-12, 3-8 ACC) vs. Clemson (6-16, 2-9 ACC)
Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013 • 2 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Acces: Listen | Watch
Gametracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes: NCSU | Clemson
RALEIGH, N.C. - The NC State women's basketball team looks to win its fourth game in the last five outings Sunday against Clemson inside Reynolds Coliseum at 2 p.m.
The Wolfpack defense has been the catylist in winning three of its last four games. Primarily by limiting its opponents to a mere 55.3 points in the three wins, and allowing its rivals to shoot just 30 percent from the floor.
Meanwhile, on the offensive side of things, NC State is shooting 81.6 percent from the free throw line the last two games, and 38.3 percent from downtown. Marissa Kastanek has been the primary reason for the success from beyond the arc. The senior stalwart has made 30 three-pointers in the last 11 games and is up to 22nd in the nation by shooting 40.5 percent from distance for the season.
Red-shirt sophomore Len'Nique Brown was inserted into the starting lineup last Sunday against Wake Forest, and she responded with a career-high nine assists in 39 minutes. Junior Markeisha Gatling was also put back in the starting five and she posted 10 points, nine rebounds and a season-high four blocks against the Demon Deacons.
Clemson has lost its last two games and four of five overall, including a 62-46 setback to Miami on Thursday. Nikki Dixon leads the Tigers in scoring at 13.1 points per game. Quinyotta Pettaway nearly averages a double-double with 10.5 points and 9.3 rebounds per game.
NC State will visit Florida State on Thursday at 7 p.m.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State is 23-7 all-time vs. Clemson at home; Won 5-of last 6 games vs. CU in Reynolds
• The Pack is shooting 81.6% from FT last 2 games; 38.3% from 3-point line last 3 games
• State's 42.6 FG% is best showing since 2005-06; 35.1 3FG% is best figure since 1995-96
• State is 2nd in ACC with 127 3PT FGs this season; 3rd in 3FG% (35.1)
• The Pack has shot 50.0% or better in six games this season. Only happened once in 2011-12
• Kody Burke is the only player in ACC top10 in scoring (7th), rebounds (10th) and blocks (3rd)
• Burke ranks T16 in ACC history with a school record 1.7 blocks per game career avg.
• Burke is 18 points away from 1,000 career points
• Marissa Kastanek is 12th in program history with 1,543 career points; 26 points shy of top-10
• Kastanek ranks T17th in ACC history with 222 career three-point FGs
-2nd most among active ACC players behind BC's Kerri Shields (224)
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
- Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)
The Last Meeting
January 19, 2012