Feb. 16, 2013
Game #26: NC State (13-12, 5-8 ACC) vs. Georgia Tech (10-14, 3-10 ACC)
Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013 • 2:30 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
TV: ESPN2 | WatchESPN | DirecTV: 730 & 730-1 | Dish Network: 145 & 467
TV Crew: Joe Davis and Debbie Antonelli
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Acces: Listen
Gametracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes: NCSU | GT
RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State hosts the eighth-annual Hoops 4 Hope game inside Reynolds Coliseum on Sunday against Georgia Tech at 2:30 p.m., on ESPN2.
Hoops 4 Hope is a breast cancer awareness event that also raises money for the Kay Yow Cancer Fund through donations. That including the always popular silent auction that takes place each year.
Winners of five of its last six games, the Wolfpack looks for a season sweep of the Yellow Jackets after picking up a 78-66 win in Atlanta on Jan. 20. Marissa Kastanek tied her season high with 24 points that afternoon, while Kody Burke and Markeisha Gatling each had 17 points as the Pack enjoyed a dominating 42-18 point advantage in the paint.
It was a similar theme on Thursday when NC State took down No. 19 Florida State, 76-69, in Tallahassee. Burke had 26 points and Gatling added 13 more as the front court recorded a 38-24 advantage over the Seminoles.
Len'Nique Brown had an outstanding evening with 13 points, nine assists and seven rebounds, while Kastanek had 11 points on three from downtown. She is shooting 46 percent from three-point range over the last 13 games, making 35 treys in that time frame.
Burke went over 1,000 career points last time out, becoming the 29th player in program history to achieve that milestone. Meanwhile, Kastanek is only nine points away from becoming the No. 10 all-time scorer at NC State. She will begin the day with 1,560 career points.
NC State hosts Miami on Thursday at 7 p.m.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• The Wolfpack is 4-3 in the seven previous Hoops 4 Hope games
• NC State is 21-7 all-time at home vs. Georgia Tech; 3-2 in the last five meetings at Reynolds
• The Pack is shooting 40.7% (35-of-86) from the 3-point line over the last five games
• Eight different players have scored in double figures in the last two games
• State's 42.9 FG% is best showing since 2005-06; 35.9 3FG% is best figure since 1995-96
• State is 2nd in ACC with 144 3PT FGs and 3FG% (35.9) this season
• Kody Burke ranks 6th in the league in scoring at 14.5 ppg; 3rd in blocks with 1.7 per game
• Burke became the 29th NCSU player with 1,000 career points at Florida State on Thursday
• Marissa Kastanek is 12th in program history with 1,560 career points; 9 points shy of top-10
• Kastanek is tied for 15th in ACC history with 227 career three-point FGs
-2nd most among active ACC players behind BC's Kerri Shields (234)
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
The Last Meeting
January 27, 2013
NC State Runs Past Georgia Tech, 78-66
Marissa Kastanek reached 1,500 career points and Markeisha Gatling scored a season-high 17 points to send NC State racing past Georgia Tech, 78-66, at McCamish Pavilion on Sunday.