Feb. 18, 2012
Game 28: NC State (15-12, 4-9 ACC) at North Carolina (18-8, 8-5 ACC)
Sunday, Feb. 19, 2012 • 1:30 p.m. ET
Chapel Hill, N.C. • Carmichael Arena (6,822)
TV: ESPNU | ESPN3
TV Crew: Sam Gore and Julianne Viani
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and L'Tona Lamonte
GoPack All-Access: Audio
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
NC State visits North Carolina on Sunday at 1:30 p.m., in Chapel Hill. The game is on ESPNU and ESPN3.
The Wolfpack will look to continue its trend of winning the second game in the yearly series with the Tar Heels. Since Kellie Harper took over the program, her clubs have defeated UNC twice - both times coming in the second of two annual meetings between the Tobacco Road rivals.
Earlier in the year in Raleigh, UNC came away with a 60-50 win on Jan. 22 in Reynolds Coliseum. Junior Marissa Kastanek scored a game-high 20 points, while sophomore Kody Burke added 10.
Kastanek scored a career-high 30 points last time these two clubs played in Carmichael Arena on Jan. 14, 2011, when the home team held on for an 83-76 victory. It was the first time a Wolfpacker had scored as many points in Chapel Hill since Chasity Melvin had 30 points on Jan. 15, 1995.
NC State hits the road for the final time in the regular season to take on Boston College on Thursday at 7 p.m., in Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• Sunday is the second game of a home-and-home series with the Tar Heels
• State has won the 2nd game of the series each of the last two seasons under Coach Harper
• State is 16-22 all-time on the road against UNC
• Marissa Kastanek scored a CH 30 points in the game at UNC last season (L, 83-76, 1/14/11)
• Kellie Harper is one win away from 50 at State; Four from 150 career victories
• NC State ranks second in the ACC with 5.9 3FG per game; 3rd in 3FG% (32.8)
• NCSU is 2nd in the ACC with 17.6 offensive rebounds per game; 4th overall at 43.4 rpg
• State is averaging 73.9 points in its 15 wins; 60.3 ppg in its 12 losses
• Bonae Holston is 3rd among active players in the ACC with 25 career double-doubles
• Holston NCSU ranks: 13th in points (1,517) and 8th in rebounds (856)
• Sophomore Kody Burke recorded her 100th career block against Miami on Thursday
• Kastanek is the only player in the ACC in top-5 in both FT% and 3FG%