Feb. 22, 2012
Game 29: NC State (15-13, 4-10 ACC) at Boston College (7-20, 2-12 ACC)
Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012 • 7 p.m. ET
Chestnut Hill, Mass. • Conte Forum (8,606)
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and L'Tona Lamonte
GoPack All-Access: Audio | Video (bceagles.com)
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
NC State plays its final conference road game of the season Thursday at Boston College at 7 p.m., at Conte Forum in Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Earlier this season in Raleigh, NC State came away with a dominating 80-57 victory over the Eagles on Jan 12 at Reynolds Coliseum. Marissa Kastanek scored a game-high 21 points, while senior Bonae Holston had a monster evening with 19 points and 15 rebounds. Freshman guard Krystal Barrett added 12 points off the bench.
The Wolfpack has won three in a row overall against BC, and is 5-1 in the last six meetings. However, State has dropped its last four games at Conte Forum, and has not won in Chestnut Hill since the 2006-07 campaign.
Thursday will be Holston's 10th career game against the Eagles, and she has averaged 14.8 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
Sunday will complete the regular season schedule against No. 6 Maryland at 2 p.m., from Reynolds Coliseum. The Wolfpack will honor its seniors before the game with a brief ceremony.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• Thursday is the second game of a home-and-home series with the Eagles
• State won the first meeting this season; three in a row overall and is 5-1 in the last six against BC
• State is 2-4 at Conte Forum. Lost last four contests; last win was 58-40 on Jan 11, 2007
• Bonae Holston has averaged 14.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in nine career games vs. BC
• Kellie Harper is one win away from 50 at State; Four from 150 career victories
• NC State ranks second in the ACC with 5.9 3FG per game; 3rd in 3FG% (32.7)
• NCSU leads the ACC with 17.8 offensive rebounds per game; 4th overall at 43.4 rpg
• State is averaging 73.9 points in its 15 wins; 602 ppg in its 13 losses
• Bonae Holston is 3rd among active players in the ACC with 25 career double-doubles
• Holston NCSU ranks: 12th in points (1,532) and 8th in rebounds (862)
• Kastanek is the only player in the ACC in the top-5 in both FT% (85.1) and 3FG% (36.3)
• Sophomore Kody Burke recorded her 100th career block against Miami on Feb. 16