Nov. 14, 2012
Game #3: NC State (2-0) vs. Longwood (1-1)
Thursday, Nov. 15 • 7 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Chris Edwards and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Audio | Video
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
RALEIGH, N.C. - The NC State women's basketball team hosts Longwood Thursday at 7 p.m., at Reynolds Coliseum.
NC State University is commemorating the 40th anniversary of Title IX, and Thursday's game is included in the week-long schedule of events on campus.
During the game we will celebrate the achievements of women athletes throughout NC State's history. Video messages from well-known campus personalities, including Chancellor Randy Woodson and Director of Athletics Deborah A. Yow will be shown during the game.
The athletics department is offering a complementary ticket for this game to all female alumnae who participated in sports at NC State. Those interested should contact Scott Warner at email@example.com.
The 2-0 Wolfpack women are back in action after a successful two games in its own Sheraton Raleigh Wolfpack Invitational. NC State capped off the four-game event with an 85-71 victory over Auburn in the championship game Saturday night.
Junior forward Kody Burke scored 26 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Pack, while senior guard Marissa Kastanek added 24 points in her 100th career game at NC State.
The next game will be Tuesday against Charleston Southern at 7 p.m., at Reynolds.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State looks to go 3-0 to open the season for the second-straight year
• Longwood is the 1st of 3 Big South teams the Pack will face this year (Charleston So., Presby)
• State leads ACC in 3FGs made per game (7.0) and 3FG% (40.0)
• Last seasons meeting with Longwood is the only game Marissa Kastanek has ever missed at ST
• 54.7 FG% vs. Wofford is the best single game effort since Harper took over program in 09-10
• Kody Burke was named College Sports Madness ACC Player of the Week on Monday
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman is three points from 500 for her career
The Last Meeting
February 9, 2012
State Trounces Longwood 74-45
Led by 14 points and seven rebounds by Erica Donovan, the NC State women's basketball team (15-10) defeated Longwood, 74-45, at Reynolds Coliseum on Thursday night.