Nov. 22, 2012
Game #5: NC State (4-0) vs. Florida (3-1)
Friday, Nov. 23 • 5:30 p.m. ET
Las Vegas, Nev. • South Point Arena
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Audio
Live Stats | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - NC State will play Florida on Friday in its first of three games at the South Point Thanksgiving Shootout this weekend in Las Vegas. Game time is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET.
Coverage of the tournament is available at the links above, including our radio broadcast on 88.1 FM and through GoPack All-Access. Our official twitter and facebook pages will also have updates before, during and after each game.
State is off to an unbeaten 4-0 start to the season for the second-consecutive year. A win over the Gators would be the best start for the Wolfpack since 2001-02 when that club won its first six ball games.
Led by a team-high 20 points from Kody Burke, the Pack upended Charleston Southern, 81-54, on Tuesday night in Reynolds Coliseum. Marissa Kastanek and Markeisha Gatling added 17 and 12 points, respetively in the win.
Burke continues to lead the Atlantic Coast Conference in scoring at 19.3 points per game, and the Pack still ranks second in the league with 88.2 points a game - the highest average through four games for the Wolfpack since 1991-92.
NC State will play Arizona State on Saturday, and finally Northern Iowa on Sunday. Both games tip at 5:30 p.m. ET.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• A win over Florida would give the Pack its best start to a season since 2001-02 (won first six)
• NC State has scored 80 or more points in four-straight games to open a season since 1991-92
• State is 2nd in ACC in scoring (88.2), scoring margin (+33.5), assists (19.5) & 3FGs/game (6.3)
• Kody Burke leads the ACC in scoring at 19.3 points per game
• Six players are shooting 50.0% or better so far this season; led by Kiana Evans at 72.2%
• Kody Burke was named College Sports Madness ACC Player of the Week on Monday, Nov. 12
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman notched her 500th career point against Charleston Southern
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
The Last Meeting
December 7, 2008