Nov. 28, 2012
Game #8: NC State (5-2) vs. Michigan State (5-0)
Thursday, Nov. 29 • 7 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum
TV Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Chris Edwards and Andrew Sanders
GoPack All-Access: Audio
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
RALEIGH, N.C. - NC State hosts Michigan State in the sixth annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge Thursday night at 7 p.m. on ESPN3.
Fans are encouraged to use the #WACCB1G hashtag when tweeting about the game.
The Wolfpack (5-2) is 2-3 all-time in the challenge with both wins coming over Illinois during the 2007 and 2010 seasons. Meanwhile, MSU is 3-2 all-time, and boasts the second best record among Big Ten schools in the challenge (Michigan is 4-1).
The ACC won the first four Challenges, but last season the conferences split 6-6.
State is coming off three games at the South Point Thanksgiving Shootout in Las Vegas. The Wolfpack defeated Arizona State, 72-68, in the middle game, but lost nail biters by two points to Florida, and by four points to Northern Iowa.
Junior Kody Burke was named to the all-tournament team after averaging 15.7 points and 9.7 rebounds per game.
The Spartans come into Thursday's game with a 5-0 record, and lead the nation in fewest points allowed (37.4), and is second in field goal percentage defense (28.2%).
NC State will play its first road game of the season on Sunday at LSU in Baton Rouge, La. Game time is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET, and will be broadcast regionally on Cox Sports Television (CST).
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State is 2-3 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge; both wins vs. Illinois (2007 & 2010)
• The only meeting with MSU came in Semifinals of Postseason WNIT; MSU won 58-57
• The Wolfpack ranks 13th nationally in scoring at 80.1 points per game
• State is 2nd in ACC with 38 three-point field goals and 5.4 per game
• Kody Burke ACC ranks: 3rd in scoring (17.7), 6th in blocks (1.9) & 9th in rebounding (8.9)
- Only player in ACC to rank in top-10 in all three categories
• Burke named to South Point Thanksgiving Shootout All-Tournament team (15.7 ppg, 9.7 rpg)
• Markeisha Gatling averaged 13.3 points on 71.4% shooting in 3 games in Las Vegas
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman notched her 500th career point against Charleston Southern
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
- Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)
The Last Meeting
April 2, 2008
East Lansing, Mich.