Dec. 1, 2012
Game #9: NC State (5-3) at LSU (3-2)
Sunday, Dec. 2 • 3 p.m. ET
Baton Rouge, La. • Pete Maravich Assembly Center
TV: Cox Sports Television (CST) | Affiliates
TV Crew: Lyn Rollins & Victor Howell
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Audio
Live Stats | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
BATON ROUGE, La. - NC State plays its first true road game of the season on Sunday against LSU with a 3 p.m. ET, start at Pete Maravich Assembly Center on Cox Sports Television.
The Wolfpack has dropped consecutive games for the first time all season, and will look to rebound against the Tigers in the first matchup between the two schools. After Sunday, new SEC member Texas A&M will be the only program the Pack has never competed against from the league.
NC State is 4-5 against the SEC under the leadership of Kellie Harper. The Wolfpack defeated Auburn, 85-71, in Reynolds on Nov. 10, and lost to Florida, 66-64, last weekend in Las Vegas.
LSU rebounded from early-season losses to Hampton and Georgetown by picking up wins over No. 12 West Virginia and FIU last weekend at the FIU Thanksgiving Classic in Miami.
Harper and LSU head coach Nikki Caldwell are both Tennessee graduates and former players for Hall of Fame coach Pat Summitt. Caldwell was a graduate assistant at UT during Harper's All-America senior year in 1998-99.
NC State will not play again until next Sunday against Elon after a busy week of final exams. Tip off is scheduled for 2 p.m. on GoPack All-Access.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State is 4-5 against the SEC under Kellie Harper in her four seasons with the Pack
• This game is part of the Super Six Series pairing opponents among the 6 BCS Conferences
• The Wolfpack began the week 13th nationally in points per game
• State is 2nd in ACC with 41 three-point field goals made this season
• Kody Burke ACC ranks: 5th in scoring (16.6), 5th in blocks (1.9) & 7th in rebounding (8.8)
- Only player in ACC to rank in top-10 in all three categories
• Burke named to South Point Thanksgiving Shootout All-Tournament team (15.7 ppg, 9.7 rpg)
• Markeisha Gatling averaged 13.3 points on 71.4% shooting in 3 games in Las Vegas
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman notched her 500th career point against Charleston Southern
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
- Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)