Dec. 2, 2011
Game 7: NC State (4-2) vs. South Carolina (6-1)
Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011 • 2 p.m. ET • GoPack All-Access
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Colisem (8,560)
GoPack All-Access: Audio | Video
GameTracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
RALEIGH, N.C. - The NC State women's basketball team begins a four-game homestand this Sunday against South Carolina with a 2 p.m., start at Reynolds Coliseum.
Sunday also marks the first game of the Sheraton Super Sunday Series, which is a series of Southeastern Conference opponenets that NC State is hosting during the month of December. It is comprised of games against the Gamecocks, Alabama, and Vanderbilt; all games will be played on consecutive Sunday afternoons.
This Sunday's game will also be Dads and Kids Day. Dads receive $3 admission when they bring their kids, and kids will be admitted free as always. Following the game, dads and kids are invited to shoot around on the floor for approximately 30 minutes.
Sunday is the 30th meeting between NC State and South Carolina, the third most frequent non-conference opponent for the Wolfpack. The Gamecocks have won three-consecutive meetings. Before that State had dominated with five wins in a row.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• 30th meeting with South Carolina; 3rd most frequent non-conf. opponent for NC State
• This is the sixth-consecutive season the two teams have played each other
• Wolfpack entered the week ranked 20th nationally in both blocks and steals per game
• State has at least 10 steals in all six games this season; had a season-best 19 at Creighton
• NC State leads the ACC with 50.2 rebounds per game; 2nd in rebound margin (+12.8)
• NC State has made nearly as many free throws (86) than its opponents have attempted (88)
• State is averaging 78.5 points in its four wins; 63.0 ppg in its two losses
• State is receiving 25.5 points per game from its bench
• Bonae Holstson is 2nd among active players in the ACC with 19 career double-doubles
• Kiana Evans set a program record by a freshman with 14 boards in season opener vs. SEMO
• Bonae Holston NCSU ranks: 20th in points (1,266) and 10th in rebounds (688)
• Junior Marissa Kastanek has made 126 career three-pointers (7th most at NCSU)