Dec. 19, 2012
Game #12: NC State (7-4) at Miami (7-2)
Thursday, Dec. 20 • 7 p.m. ET
Coral Gables, Fla. • BankUnited Center
Radio: None (see information below)
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Listen | Watch (Canes All-Access) $
Live Stats | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - For the first time since 2001, NC State will open ACC play in the month of December by visiting Miami on Thursday at 7 p.m, at BankUnited Center.
NOTE: Due to construction on NC State's campus, the game will not be broadcast on WKNC 88.1 FM. However, NC State will provide a FREE broadcast of the game through GoPack.com All-Access. Please use the "Listen" link above to follow all the action.
The Wolfpack looks to open conference play with a victory for the first time since 2010 when Kellie Harper's inaugural ACC tilt wound up a victorious one over Maryland. The Pack has won consecutive games leading into the game against the Hurricanes, dispatching Elon and Presbyterian.
Miami has held serve at home in recent years, winning the last three games in Coral Gables against NC State. In fact, the 'Canes have been one of the best home teams across the nation in recent years, running its consecutive wins streak at the BankUnited Center to 41 games, before a loss to No. 20 Tennessee in November.
Miami is coming off a 42-34 loss at Rutgers last time out, but is 7-2 overall and was ranked inside the top-25 before its recent setback. Their biggest win to date was over No. 6 Penn State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Nov. 29.
State jumps back into non-conference play on Dec. 30 at St. Bonaventure, a club that made the NCAA Sweet 16 last year. Tipoff is slated for 1 p.m. NC State is back home to host No. 4 Duke on Thursday, Jan. 3 at 7 p.m., on ESPN3. The Pack upset the top-seeded Blue Devils in the 2012 ACC Tournament in the last meeting between the two Triangle rivals.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State is 3-3 all-time in away games against Miami; Last win came Feb. 24, 2007 (77-53)
• Kellie Harper is 1-2 in ACC openers; beat Maryland in her first league game in 2010
• Eight players average at least 5.1 points per game; all 8 have played in all 11 games
• The Pack has shot 50.0% or better in four games this season. Only happened once in 2011-12
• State is 2nd in ACC with 62 3PT FGs this season; 3rd in 3FG% (36.5)
• M. Goodwin-Coleman is averaging team highs in points (11.5) and assists (3.8) in last 4 games
• Kody Burke ranks T16 in ACC history with a school record 1.7 blocks per game career avg.
• Marissa Kastanek ranks 24th in ACC history with 192 career three-point FGs
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
- Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)
The Last Meeting
February 16, 2012
Pack Plays Tough in Setback to No. 6 Miami
NC State played No. 6 Miami even in the second half, but a late 15-2 first-half run by the Hurricanes was the difference in a 73-61 victory over the Wolfpack on Thursday night from Reynolds Coliseum.