Feb. 21, 2013
Live Scoring | Twitter Updates
RALEIGH, N.C. - Coming off a pair of 6-1 victories on its first road trip of the season last weekend in Charleston, S.C., the NC State women's tennis team returns home for a pair of non-conference matches this Friday and Sunday against Winthrop and Long Beach State.
The Wolfpack will host Winthrop at 4 p.m., Friday, before welcoming Long Beach State at 10 a.m., Sunday morning. Both matches will be held in the J.W. Isenhour Tennis Center.
NC State (4-0) defeated East Carolina and UNC Greensboro by 7-0 margins at home in its first two matches, before recording a pair of 6-1 road victories at Charleston Southern and College of Charleston last weekend.
WEEKEND MATCH NOTES:
- NC State’s 4-0 record is its best start to a season since 2006.
- The Wolfpack owns a combined 22-2 dual singles mark this spring, and is undefeated at all six spots in the lineup, with the exception of the No. 2 spot.
- Junior and 40th-ranked Joelle Kissell is 4-0 at the No. 1 spot, while sophomore Elisha Hande and senior Chloe Smith own the same records in the No. 5 and No. 6 spot, respectively.
- The Pack is 10-1 in dual doubles matches, including a perfect 4-0 at the No. 3 spot behind the duo of Smith and sophomore Sophie Nelson.
- Winthrop enters Friday’s match with a 2-5 record on the season, while Long Beach State is 6-1 thus far. The 49ers are 6-1 overall, but will face UNC Greensboro and Wake Forest prior to Sunday’s match.
- The Pack is 6-2 all-time against Winthrop and defeated the Eagles, 6-1, in last season’s meeting. Long Beach State owns a 1-0 series lead over the Wolfpack, with the lone matchup coming back in 2009.