Feb. 20, 2013
ACC Indoor Track & Field Championships Page
Friday Video Streaming (4:20-8:30 p.m.) | Saturday Video Streaming (noon-4 p.m.)
NC State Twitter Updates | ACC Twitter Updates
RALEIGH, N.C. - The NC State track & field team will make its fourth trip of the indoor season to Virginia Tech, for the ACC Indoor Track & Field Championships held Thursday, Feb. 21 - Saturday, Feb. 23 in Blacksburg, Va. All competitions will take place inside the Rector Field House.
The Wolfpack is very familiar with the site of competition, after competing in the Virginia Tech Open Jan. 18-19, the Hokie Invitational Jan. 25-26 and the Virginia Tech Elite Meet, Feb. 8-9.
ACC Men's Notes:
- NC State's men's team is ranked 17th in the latest USTFCCCA poll. The ranking is the second highest among ACC teams, behind only Florida State, which is ranked 12th in the ledger.
- Redshirt senior Ryan Hill owns the ACCs fastest time in the mile (3:54.89), 3,000-meter (7:49.20) and 5,000-meter (13:43.52) runs this season.
- Senior Kris Kornegay-Gober is tied for the second-best mark in the conference for the men's high jump at 7' 4.25". The vertical leap is also the best in school history.
- Freshman Jonathan Addison holds the league's third-longest measurement in the men's long jump at 24' 0.75".
- The Pack has three athletes among the top seven in the ACC in the men's weight throw. Redshirt sophomore Jule Rich is fourth with a 62' 10.50" heave, redshirt senior Grant Pearce is sixth at 60' 3.25" and redshirt junior Nathaniel Williams is seventh with a 59' 7.50" throw.
ACC Women's Notes
- Junior Kenyetta Iyevbele broke the program record in the women's 800-meter indoor run with a 2:07.55 mark at the Husky Classic, Feb. 9. Iyevbele's time ranks third in the ACC.
- Redshirt senior Andie Cozzarelli holds the conference's fourth-best time in the women's 3,000-meter run at 9:19.73.
- Junior Elizabeth Shuman is tied for the third-best high jump in the ACC, a 5' 10.75" mark recorded Jan. 26 at the Hokie Invitational.
- Senior Karimah Shepherd stands second in the conference in the women's long jump at 20' 1.25". The Chesapeake, Va., native recorded the program's second-best triple jump in history - a 42' 4.25" leap - at the Hokie Invitational, Jan. 25. That mark sits third in the ACC ledger this season.
- Redshirt sophomore Tremanisha Taylor ranks second in the ACC in the women's shot put with a 51' 7.00" toss.
- Redshirt freshman Nicole Chavis has the second-longest weight throw in the ACC - a 64' 8.50" heave set at last weekend's Kent Taylor Invitational in Chapel Hill, N.C. The throw also set the school record in the event.