GoPack.com features starting QB Jacoby Brissett
Core group will represent each position on field
Pack fans donate more than $20,000 for cancer research
Team elects group of peers to `position of respect'
• Ranks ninth in school history with 23 career touchdown passes, 15th with 221 career completions.
AS A RS - JUNIOR (2014):
• Was one of just three quarterbacks in the Power 5 conferences with at least 2,000 passing yards, 300 rushing yards, 20 passing TDs and five or less interceptions (with Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariotta of Oregon and Brett Hundley of UCLA). In the previous five seasons, only eight P5 QBs have matched those numbers.
• Threw 23 touchdown passes, the seventh-best single season mark in school history and more than Philip Rivers had in his junior campaign.
• Threw 187 straight passes without an interception in 2014 - the seventh longest streak in ACC history.
• Finished the season ranked third in the ACC in TD passes, 30th nationally.
• Ranked third in the ACC in total offense (51st nationally) with 241.2 yards/game. His 3,135 total yards is the seventh-best mark in school history.
• Posted a .597 completion percentage - that mark ranked fifth in the ACC, 50th nationally and is the 12th-best mark in school history.
• Passed for 2,606 yards this season, the 9th-best mark in school history. That mark ranked sixth in the ACC and 58th nationally.
• Posted a 136.70 efficiency rating - the fifth-best mark in school history and the 46th-best mark nationally in 2014.
• Named the MVP of the Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl, he tallied 293 yards of total offense in that victory.
• Named the ACC Offensive Back of the Week after the win over North Carolina - he set a new NC State record for rushing yards by a quarterback with 167 in that contest. He also threw for three scores in that 35-7 victory.
• Also named the league offensive back of the week for his performance against top-ranked Florida State - he threw for 359 yards and three touchdowns.
AS A JUNIOR (2013):
• Named the Wolfpack's Offensive Scout Team Player of the Year.
• Sat out the season after transferring from Florida.
• Elected to serve on the team's Leadership Council for 2013.
AS A SOPHOMORE AT FLORIDA (2012):
• Came off the bench in the third quarter of the Louisiana game with Florida trailing 20-13, and helped the Gators to a 27-20 win with a pair of TD drives, he Was 6-of-8 for 64 yards and had a 39-yard scoring pass.
• Started the Gator's 23-0 win over Jacksonville State, completing 14-of-22 passes for 154 yards.
AS A FRESHMAN AT FLORIDA (2011):
• Started two games, taking on No. 1 LSU in Baton Rouge in his first career start, and then at No. 24 Auburn in back-to-back weeks.
• The first true freshman quarterback at Florida to take his first career snap as the starter.
IN HIGH SCHOOL:
• Played quarterback for coach Jack Daniels.
• Led Dwyer to its first state championship during his junior campaign.
• Dwyer posted a 12-2 record and reached the state 4A semifinals during his senior campaign.
• Competed in the 2011 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
• Honors: Palm Beach Post's Offensive Player of the Year and Lou Groza Palm Beach County High School Player of the Year.
• Senior Stats: 2,743 passing yards and an area-best 32 touchdowns with just one interception; 63 rushes for 368 yards and seven scores.
• Rankings: Four-star prospect by Rivals.com and Scout.com; No. 75 overall prospect and No. 3 quarterback in the nation.