Jan. 18, 2013
Game #19: NC State (8-10, 0-6 ACC) vs. No. 22/24 Florida State (14-3, 4-2 ACC)
Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013 • 3 p.m. ET
Raleigh, N.C. • Reynolds Coliseum (8,560)
TV: Regional Sports Network/ESPN3
TV Crew: Mike Hogewood and Stephanie Ready
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
GoPack All-Access: Listen
Gametracker | @PackWomensBball | Game Notes: NCSU | FSU
RALEIGH, N.C. - Sunday afternoon in mid-January against Florida State can mean only one thing. It's Beach Night at Reynolds Coliseum. Tipoff is slated for 3 p.m.
The Regional Sports Network will carry the game. That includes Fox Sports Carolinas in North Carolina. The game can also be seen on Comcast SportsNet Plus, Fox Sports South, Sun Sports, NESN, RS Arizona, FS Detroit Plus, FS San Diego and FS Prime Ticket.
All fans that wear their best beach attire are eligible to win two airline tickets to Miami.
This ACC rivalry has been a closely contested one for the last several years. The last six meetings have been decided by an average of just four points a game. That includes the 74-71 victory last season over the Seminoles in the ACC Tournament. Marissa Kastanek had 21 points in the game to fuel a 10-point second-half rally for the Wolfpack. FSU was held scoreless the final three and a half minutes allowing the Pack to advance into the quarterfinals.
Kastanek has been lighting it up in recent games, averaging 15.2 points over the last five games, including shooting 45.5 percent (15-of-33) from beyond the three-point arc. She had 16 points on Thursday in the 82-62 loss at No. 10 Maryland.
Meanwhile, FSU has won its last two games, including a 67-57 win at Boston College on Thursday. The Seminoles shot over 60 percent in the first half, and made six of their seven three-point attempts before intermission. Chasity Clayton finished with 14 points and nine rebounds off the bench to lead four players in double figures.
FSU is the only team in NCAA Division I with five players averaging double figures in scoring.
NC State welcomes Virginia Tech to town for a Thursday contest at 7 p.m.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points...
• NC State is 13-5 all-time at home vs. Florida State; Last 6 meetings decided by 4 points on avg.
• Pack has the 24th strongest strength of schedule according to latest NCAA rankings
• State has played in an ACC-leading five games decided by 5 points or less (2-3 record)
• State is 2nd in ACC with 97 3PT FGs this season; 3rd in 3FG% (34.2)
• The Pack has shot 50.0% or better in five games this season. Only happened once in 2011-12
• Myisha Goodwin-Coleman has averaged 5.0 assists over the last four games
• Kody Burke is 1 of 2 players in ACC top10 in scoring (7th), rebounds (10th) and blocks (3rd)
• Burke ranks T16 in ACC history with a school record 1.7 blocks per game career avg.
• Burke has made 114 FGs this season; 2nd only to Md's Tianna Hawkins (134) in the ACC
• Marissa Kastanek ranks 19th in ACC history with 209 career three-point FGs
• Marissa Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
The Last Meeting
March 1, 2012
State Rallies To Defeat FSU In ACC First Round Action
The 9th-seeded NC State Wolfpack came from behind to knock off the 8th-seeded Florida State Seminoles, 74-71, in the opening round of the ACC Women's Basketball Tournament Thursday afternoon in the Greensboro Coliseum.